Monday, September 12, 2011

Manic Monday and no power!

It has been such glorious weather here in the Carolinas that we haven't been turning on our AC at all because it is perfect fan in the windows kind of weather here.  Imagine my surprise when I am awakened by deafening SILENCE at 1 am with an unfortunate power outage.  Let me explain for a moment.  I live in the country.  Nearest neighbor is half a mile up the road, and the only sound we ever hear are the cows up the road bellowing.  Therefore, this prior city girl depends on the white noise of the fan in order to sleep.

Not only was it quiet, but it was HOT!  Sweltering, sticky, ungodly, sort of hot, and of course the 2 year old couldn't sleep due to the silence either and he wanted to wallow all over cuddle with me.  After a couple of hours of tossing and turning with a size 9 set of piggy toes jabbing my back, I manage to finally drift off to sleep only to suddenly awaken with the feeling that the kids are late for school because the faint glow of dawn is in the sky. 

Jumping out of bed, I grab the only clock in the house that is battery run, my laptop of course and boot it up as I feel for a lighter to relight the candles I bought last week at CVS.  (They were originally 4.99 and thanks to my CVS sale and coupons, I scored them for $.99, so it was like Jesus saying, "buy the candles, Ally".)  Just as I am lighting the last candle, POOF, they are all blown out!  My fan had come back on!!!!  There is a God after all!  It is only 5:30, I have power to make coffee, kids have an hour to get ready and be on the school bus, and I can actually flush the potty-well pump doesn't work without electricity so we never have water when we don't have electricity.

I am hoping for a better day than this one started off to be, for sure.  I am off here to do my weekly store research, because after picking up my children from school this afternoon, it is grocery shopping day!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that.
    I know how uncomfortable it is without electricity.

    By the way, I'm your very first follower via GFC from Weekend Blog Hop.
    Please feel free to visit my blog. Looking forward to seeing you there, and hope you follow me back. Thanks!

    http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Space 46 and following. I am now following you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!