Monday, October 17, 2011

Rainy Days and Monday

SCENE ONE:

So it isn't rainy, but it is blowing wild and crazy out like we are getting a great storm. Oh, yes, and its COLD. Goose pimples, teeth chattering cold. And. I. am. up. at. 3. am. My 2 year old comes and crawls in the bed with me at 2 am and my first blurry half asleep thought is omg something isn't right. He's hot. REALLY hot. My "I've been a mom for 12 years hands" tell me that it is at least 102 and I am rarely wrong. I mean I am not down to the decimal, but usually I am on the nose with eh, it's under a hundred or omg get the Tylenol and start the shower. So I grab the thermometer, put it under his arm, and viola! it's broken. Sometime since the last fever which was last winter my thermometer went on to thermometer heaven. Thus, I am relying on the mommy touch which is always close to right and started liquid Advil. The wonderful thing is I just used the last dose in the bottle. Apparently that hasn't been used since last winter either. Breathing, all is going to be okay, life is good so I make a pot of coffee and turn on Oobi.

SCENE TWO:

It's peaceful, baby watching TV, me at the computer, but what is that I hear? Barking. The dog is sleeping. THAT is my 12 year old son who simply had the very first stages of a cold yesterday. He was sniffling, stuffy and had a headache. Now, he is wheezing, barking, crying (shh don't tell, he really is a big boy and too proud to cry 99% of the time) that his chest is burning. So now my peaceful morning is filled with nebulizer's, two fevers, and one who at the very least has bronchitis, but if history repeats itself a 12th year in a row it will be pneumonia. Ahhhhh the joys of having six Asthmatics in the home. One little cold and bam it's full blown bronchitis or pneumonia every time. I am pretty sure all my original plans for today-okay so relaxing after a weekend of non stop cleaning and being mom to four isn't really plans-have changed and I am headed to the Doctor at 7 when I get the girls on the school bus. We are welcoming father winter in with a bang! Now I know why I thawed all that chicken yesterday, seems that home made egg noodles and chicken noodle soup are on my agenda later on today. I am hoping for a Swift recovery for these tykes but at least they can curl up together and be miserable! Smelling the wonderful aroma of fresh coffee, so I think I will start there and wait for scene three while praying it isn't two more sick kidlets

3 comments:

  1. New follower from the Monday Hop! I hope your babies feel better soon! I do the cold, to sinus infection to bronchitis/pneumonia thing too! Every year so I know how it goes! Poor babes!

    Check us out if you get a chance!
    http://www.itsavol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! stopping by for the blog hop. now following!

    http://livinthemommylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping by from the Wild Wednesday Blog Hop! I am following your blog and would love for you to follow me back at http://www.EcoCrazyMom.com and feel free to add your blog to the Blog Directory under the "Bloggers" tab! I look forward to keeping in touch.

    Smiles,
    Terri
    @EcoCrazyMom

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!