Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday's musings

Well, posting accidentally without any body to my blog would be just how things are going today lol.  Actually, it hasn't been a bad day, I was up at 4 getting DH out the door for work and then I sat down to do some sweepstakes before the day began.

I am happy to report that Bieber Jr.  decided it was time to cut his locks, so mom ran and grabbed the hair cutting supplies before he could change his mind.  He is now proudly sporting a short "Taylor Lautner" hair-do per my 7 year old who is wildly in love with both Bieber and "Jacob".   Mama thinks he looks handsome both ways, so whatever works for him is fine with me. 

Tomorrow we are trying a new church out.  We received a letter in the mail this week from the church we went to last Sunday, and doctrinally speaking we are on two different pages. My husband did some soul searching after we received the letter and we decided to keep looking for two reasons.

 Having attended a Seminary college myself, I don't want my children brought up in a judgemental, God is out to get ya kind of environment.  I want them to experience the true love and happiness that God is about, not hatred and legalism.  Secondarily, we really do need a church that has children's programs in place.  I can stay home in the warm comfort of my home and let the kids play with their siblings which is all that happened last week at church. 

I have found Methodist church in town that brags online about 26 teenagers and children's services so we are back at square one tomorrow sans DH who will be working.  I have opted to go to the early contemporary service so the kids can stay with me and enjoy the music the first week.  We can try out the classes next week if we like the contemporary service.  Wish us luck!

Well, I am off to pay tribute to Patrick Swayze, may he rest in peace while watching one of my favorite movies ever, Dirty Dancing and then off to grill the Zwiegles for the kids.  All in all, it has been a peaceful Saturday as I had hoped. 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a peaceful Saturday and I hope you like the new church you are trying out.

    I'm following you back from the Sunday hop, thanks for following me at www.mommydigger.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I like your Blog! I'm following your Blog, FB & Twitter! I hope your Visit!
    Have a great Weekend!

    Namaste!
    http://mamiholisticaygenial.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you like this church very much. I think it is so important to have good programs for the kids. They can learn so much and we can learn so much from them! I'm glad my church has classes for the kids. I'm following you back from the blog hop! -Christine @ Why We Love Green, http://whywelovegreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog and following me, I am already a follower on GFC so, I followed you by twitter(ktk502). Have a wonderful Sunday. http://babyfeetandpuppybreath.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm following you!! Sorry my GFC wasn't loading. Please stop back by and try again if you can! Thx so much!! http://notesfromthenelsens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!