Saturday, October 15, 2011

Solve It Saturday!

HOW TO SOLVE THE "UNABLE TO COMMENT" PROBLEM ON BLOGGER

For Months now I have been utterly baffled as to why Blogger wouldn't let me comment on many blogs.  If it had the url/name option or anonymous option, I could comment, if it just had google,  open Id, Live Journal, etc options, I couldn't comment.  It was sooooooooooooooo frustrating, and I couldn't figure it out.

I did research and found out if I lowered the security settings on my cookies and cleared them, then I would be able to comment, but alas, this didn't work.  So, I trudged along, being unable to comment people back, wondering what in the world I was doing wrong.

I decided two days ago to do deeper research, and after about an hour of reading, I was still holding bubkahs.   So, I decided to do what I do best:  Play with the computer.  Worst that could happen  is that I would have to roll the computer back to it's original settings.
 
After five minutes, I found an option to type in safe sites that the computer was allowed to go to.  I decided to add blogger, my blog's url and blog spot.com to my accepted sites.  VIOLA!  Everything is fixed.  My blog now says I stay signed in (which apparently is important) and now I can comment on any blog.  I have read other people's frustrating comments about the same problem so I decided to share this with you!

Update 8/1/2012:  Since I have begun always clicking done after joining someone's GFC I have had no more issues whatsoever.  Once I have joined, it never kicks me off, and I show up even a year later!  Go me!

16 comments:

  1. New follower from Hop Along Friday

    would love a return follow as well

    http://mamasbabycupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following Just Wedeminute, I'm following you back@

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too and about pushing random buttons until things either work out or explode. Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! Found you on the weekend blog hop!

    Stop by my blog and follow me back if you like. I'm actually doing a "Shop My Closet" giveaway right now. :)

    Katie @ Glamorous Without the Guilt
    http://glamorouswithouttheguilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That explains it! (It was driing me crazy too!)I'm your newest follower from the hop. Stop by and say hello at www.myparentingcoach.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stopping in with the Sundae Hop Now following and going to check out your giveaways
    =^D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower from the Weekend Gathering Hop. Hope you'll take a moment to stop by my blog.

    Heidi
    http://pagesofgold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for following. I'm now following back:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. new follower from the family approve blog hop!! Please follow me back at
    http://www.bargainwhore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for stopping by and follow my blog. Following back.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the follow! I am also totally wanting to get to the bottom of the no commenting fiasco. I've searched high and low on every forum connected to this and even the Blogger help forums are useless. I'm not super computer savvy so I think I'll have to leave my settings as they are. I have seemed to postpone my dilema by not keeping myself signed in. I know that it's no solution, but it is what it is :)Have a great week!

    -Chelle

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!