Saturday, November 5, 2011

Great Grandma Bowen's Christmas Cookies!

COOKIES!

I am just loving the Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract so much that I decided to bake some of my DH's Grandmother's famous Christmas Halloween cookies with it.  I admit I didn't have any powdered sugar to make her famous frosting she puts on the cookies, but the kids didn't seem to miss it as they gobbled them down at top rate speed!



Honestly, I CAN taste the difference in the cookies just by using the Nielsen-Massey Vanilla.  We have always used clear cake decorating vanilla in the past because I do a bit of cake decorating (nothing spectacular, just something to please the kidlets) and while the vanilla is good,  it is nothing as good as this! 

Great Grandma Bowen's Christmas Cookies

1/2 cup plus 2 tbs sugar
3/4 cup butter (NOT margarine-cookies won't turn out right)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/13 cup plus 2 tbs flour sifted
1 large egg
1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract



Sift together flour, salt,  and baking powder and set aside

Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla and thoroughly mix

Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until completely combined

Form into a ball, wrap in Saran Wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes

Roll out dough between two pieces of wax paper to 1/4" thick and refrigerate for at least an hour

Cut out shapes, put on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray and put in freezer for at least 15 minutes

Preheat oven to 350

Bake for 10-12 minutes and let cool completely on pan before transferring




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by to visit! :) I'm following you back! Hope you have a great weekend!

    http://notesfromthenelsens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!