Saturday, November 12, 2011

Souper Saturday!

HOT CHICKEN WING SOUP

I have to say I have the absolute best est husband in the world.  That's a given regardless, but today I have a very specific reason for saying so:  Hot Chicken Wing Soup.  Really, it doesn't need further explanation if you have had the pleasure of one drop of this heavenly substance on your tongue at some point in your life!

My DH is sort of a "jack of all trades,"  but the "master of none" part really doesn't fit.  I could list his areas that he holds degrees, and it is funny that I can say my Officer was prior both a Master Welder and a Chef (at different times of course).   I have literally had prior co-workers email me two years after we no longer are working together asking for a recipe because they are pregnant and craving his soup!

Anyways, he doesn't often cook, but when he does it is simply amazing.   He knows I have been having a bit of a tough time lately, so when he heard my sister and her daughter were visiting this weekend, he offered to cook his famous Hot Chicken Wing soup.  I am here today to share the recipe with you. 



HOT CHICKEN WING SOUP (Serves 12)

6 cans of Campbell's cream of chicken soup

1 24 oz container of Daisy sour cream

2 12 oz jars of Frank's Red Hot Chicken Wing sauce-The North recipe (if you are from the South, substitute 2 jars of Texas Pete Chicken Wing sauce).

16 oz heavy whipping cream (you CAN substitute any type of milk such as 2%, but you will sacrifice that totally sinful taste while maintaining the ability to see your feet)

3 large cooked chicken breast shredded

Lime wedges-optional

Crackers-optional

Combine the first four ingredients in a large crock pot and stir until completely combined.  Add in the chicken and heat in crock pot for 2 hours (or more) on low heat stirring frequently to prevent burning from the heavy dairy content.  When you are ready to eat, serve with a wedge of lime and some crackers.  Enjoy.  Note, if you squeeze the lime on the soup it adds another layer of flavor that is heavenly!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! This looks great! Hope you have a great week! http://notesfromthenelsens.blogspot.com/2011/11/fabulous-food-fridays-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, the directions of the recipe are being blocked off by the cat button!

    This recipe sounds delicious! :)

    Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this sounds soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!