Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Finally Got my Organic, Free-Range Chickens!

So we got our chickens about a month ago, and I have to say it has been such a rewarding experience.  After they got used to their new home, we let them out to free range which has made them so happy.  They are on an all organic feed, and I must say the 9 of them are eating me out of house and home to the tune of about 24 lbs a month of food, but they are laying so well.  I am averaging 5 eggs a day which is really great since some are still really young and not quite laying yet.  Also, it has been so cold that everyone we know is talking about how they aren't getting but a couple of eggs a week.  However, our chickens are still laying at least 4 a day and usually five.  I love talking to them as I feed them every morning and I honestly believe they love their life here!  /I would recommend chickens to anyone as long as you plan to  free range them or put them in a fenced in yard they can run around freely.


5 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you are raising chickens! How fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and following and I am following now also. Your dog is adorable.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following back. Appreciate it.
    Ohio Outdoors

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, my dear have a very interesting life! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a commet (and for the GFC follow0 . You made a good call leaving all behind for famly life, kiddos and hubby (Read your profile!)So you have a new dog, just wondering if that means you have two now? Very sweet! New to following you and will visit again, In His Grace, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!