Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week of Thankfulness

This time last year was a sad time for me.  Three people I know were directly affected by death.  Two people committed suicide and one person's 12 year old son died.  They were family members, close acquaintances, but not my children or husband.  However, I was and still am greatly saddened by their deaths and the emptiness that is left behind.

This past week was the birthdays of both of my Grandmothers, both who have gone on to the Afterlife so between the tragedies last year and birthday anniversaries, I have been pondering on these events and quite honestly, been a little sad.  I have come to the conclusion though that life goes on, the sun rises and sets and whether we intended to or not, we move on too!

I decided today to focus on the positive things and what I am most Thankful for.  After all, we have a whole Holiday set aside for being thankful.  I am thankful for a wonderful man I can call my husband.  He is wonderful, strong, he cooks, combs hair (anyone with little girls that have hair almost to their hinnies can tell you this is huge), tills my garden, hunts to provide food, built my chickens a big coop to live in.  He is amazing.  I am also thankful for my four children.  I am thankful first of all that they are overall healthy.  I am thankful of how giving and kind they are, and I am thankful for each of them for their unique abilities and personalities.  And, lastly, I am thankful that I am up and about walking easily at this time of the year.  Usually my degenerative disk acts up worse when it first gets cold and usually by November I am needing help to get up and do what I need to do, but this year so far I am still limber yet!  What do you have to be thankful for? 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a tough time - I hope you can remember the good times and not feel too sad.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!