Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Kick Your Baked Goods up a Notch with Nielsen-Massey Vanilla!

LIL MS CREATIONS WINNER

I am very pleased to announce that after several weeks of entries we finally have a winner!!!  And *Drumroll* the winner is Rebecca R.  I am currently emailing her and look forward to hearing from her in the next 48 hours.  in the event there is no response, I will select another winner.


NIELSEN-MASSEY VANILLA

I had the pleasure of stumbling across a wonderful company a few weeks ago, and I am just in love with their products!  Nielsen-Massey is a 3rd generation family owned company which has been in operation since 1907.   Although, Corporate HQ are in Wisconsin, Nielsen Massey is an international company with locations as far as the Netherlands.

It has a selection of Vanilla Extracts, beans, and powders that are simply superior.  They hand select each bean and use a proprietary process to cold extract the flavor from each bean, and I was really impressed to learn that they are audited annually and received Superior Ratings since the '90's by The American Institute of Baking. 

While their credentials are impeccable, what speaks even louder to me as a mother is that their products are safe for almost anyone to eat.  They are Gluten Free, Allergen free, Kosher certified, and I absolutely love that the products they sell are made in the US as well. 

I was so excited when I received my bottle of Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract in the mail.  I have used what I consider nice vanilla before, but nothing as great as this.  I definitely will never EVER use 2 dollar vanilla again.  The first thing DH and I did was to taste the vanilla straight.  Anyone who has tasted run of the mill vanilla will tell you that it tastes "yucky" as my kids say.  NOT this vanilla.  We tasted it on a spoon and it was VERY good. 

I received permission to try out one  of the recipes listed on the Nielsen-Massey website so I selected a fabulous Vodka drink.  I am in love.  


Here is the recipe so you can make your own


Nielsen-Massey Orange Blossom Martini

Serves 1

1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
4 ounces orange juice, pulp free
2 ounces pomegranate juice
2 ounces vodka
1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Orange Blossom Water
1 fresh orange slice for garnish

Rub the rim of an empty, chilled martini glass with an orange wedge. Invert glass into bowl of Pure Vanilla Sugar and swirl. Combine juices, vodka and Orange Blossom Water in an ice filled martini shaker. Shake vigorously and pour into prepared glass. Garnish with a fresh orange slice.

Disclaimer:  I received one or more of the products listed in the post to facilitate my review.  I was not compensated monetarily in any way.  I was not required to post a review or a positive review.  All opinions are unique, my own, and honest.

1 comment:

  1. I love anything vanilla...so the indonesian vanilla looks great..since I can see me using it as well as the product you reviewed..yummm

    truwinner@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!