Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Frosty Kiss Cookies-Tasty Tuesday!

 Frosty Kiss Cookies


We are preparing for our company to arrive for Christmas at our house.  For me, although I just did a full Spring Clean on Thanksgiving day while my DH worked a long 12 hour shift, I am in the process of doing it again.  I clean EVERY DAY but I like it to be Home and Garden Perfect when I have company, but man I hate cleaning.  However, what I do love?  BAKING!!!!!!


And we are baking our hiney biscuits off!  DH is baking a cheese cake (flavor will be a secret until he decides to reveal it), chocolate covered peanut butter Ritz crackers, 3 kinds of fudge, peanut brittle, and I am making a pineapple cheese ball and my favorite cookies in the world!  So for Tasty Tuesday, I thought I would share with you my cookies!  FYI-if you are a regular reader, you will notice that my favorite cookies are a twist off of Grandma Bowen's Christmas Cookies.






Frosty Kiss Cookie recipe:



Great Grandma Bowen's Christmas Cookies


1/2 cup plus 2 tbs sugar
3/4 cup butter (NOT margarine-cookies won't turn out right)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/13 cup plus 2 tbs flour sifted
1 large egg
1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1 bag of candy cane cookie Hershey Kisses



Sift together flour, salt,  and baking powder and set aside


Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add egg, peppermint extract and vanilla and thoroughly mix


Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until completely combined.


Here is where the recipe deviates


I roll 1-2 inch balls out of the dough and put a thumb print in the middle of each ball on a greased cookie sheet.  In the thumb print of each cookie place an unwrapped Candy Cane Hershey Kiss and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.  Let cool about five minutes before moving them to a cooling rack and enjoy!


The end result?  Complete and total yumminess!





1 comment:

  1. These look great! Thanks for stopping by. Followed on GFC and FB. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!