Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Slap Yo Mama!

You read the title correctly folks!  Today is Tasty Tuesday and I am featuring my Mama's homemade Banana Pudding.  Where does the Slap Yo Mama come in?  Last year my friend Donna was asking for a good Banana Pudding recipe and I told her once she tried mine, she won't ever look for another unless she becomes diabetic from eating it!  The next day, She has not only made and eaten the pudding, she has posted it on Facebook and Renamed it Ally's Slap Yo Mama Banana Pudding.  It REALLY is that good, all bias aside.

Here is your one disclaimer.  If you are borderline diabetic, sensitive to sugar, or only like things "slightly sweetened" move on.  This recipe isn't for you.  If you understand Southerners need for butter, sugar and more butter and sugar, then look no further!  I have JUST what the doctor prescribed!

This is actually my ODS Max's favorite dessert in the world, and since he hasn't been well for a while, I made this for him yesterday.  True to form he was up this am asking for some more Nana pudding for Breakfast!



Ally's Slap Yo Mama Banana Pudding.
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
pinch of salt
2 TBS corn starch
1 TBS Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla 
2 Cups of Whole Milk
8 oz of cream cheese at room temp and cut into slices
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tub of cool whip

In a pot, whisk together sugar and eggs until well blended, add in salt and milk and heat over medium heat stirring constantly until bubbling and eventually thickens.  This process takes about fifteen minutes, and be sure to stir constantly so you don't scorch your pudding.

When pudding is sufficiently thick, stir in the cream cheese until completely melted and place in the fridge to cool. Meanwhile, fold together the cool whip and sweetened condensed milk and gently fold into completely cooled pudding.

In serving bowl layer bananas then Nilla Wafers and top with half the pudding mixture and repeat process.  Garnish as desired and completely chill.  This pudding tastes better COLD because of the cream cheese, but also tastes pretty good warm.

Note, if you have a large family like I do, you can always double the recipe which is what I always do.

8 comments:

  1. This looks awesome and it's gluten free!

    Thanks for the follow. I am following you back.

    http://kidsaregrown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds delicious!

    I am a new follower from the "Tiggerific Tuesday! Blog Hop...or Bounce."

    Jessica
    arebutterfliesticklish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Thanks for the follow at Mika's Pantry! I'm now following you ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! Thank you for stopping by Inspirations by D. I enjoyed your visit. I'm following you here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, I am now following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! I'm now your newest follower as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yeah! I like the ingredients, this must be really delicious. Perfect for merienda.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!