Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Sayings!

SUNDAY SAYINGS


Over the years there have been a few quotations or sayings in life to help me get through life, whether it's a happy day or a sad occasion.  I guess I have been waxing thoughtful lately but I thought I would share them with you.  Hope you are as inspired as I have been!

“You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control.” 
― Elizabeth GilbertEat, Pray, Love

“To find the balance you want, this is what you must become. You must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it's like you have 4 legs instead of 2. That way, you can stay in the world. But you must stop looking at the world through your head. You must look through your heart, instead. That way, you will know God.” 
― Elizabeth GilbertEat, Pray, Love

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” 
― Marilyn Monroe

“When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them.” 
― Marilyn Monroe

If you don’t love yourself, you cannot love others. You will not be able to love others. If you have no compassion for yourself then you are not able of developing compassion for others.

Dalai Lama




“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Dr. Seuss 



“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” 
― Dr. Seuss 

1 comment:

  1. followed your blog. I have a few that has helped me a lot too. These are great though.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!