Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thirsty Thursday-Oregon Chai

Earlier this week I was blessed to receive a package in the mail from Oregon Chai Tea company.  My first thought was that I didn't recall any communication with the company about a review, but then I remembered I entered a sweepstakes a while back and turns out I am a winner!

I was thrilled when I opened the box to find a quart of Chai Tea concentrate and a great coffee mug.  Nothing thrills me more than choosing a special mug to drink from every morning!

 

I really had never heard much about Oregon Chai Tea company other than to see products listed online so I went to find out for myself the story behind this company.  Turns out the company's owner headed to the Himalayas in 1991 for a break and met a man who introduced her to a product he was selling.  The result?  Immediate love!  She came home and started the process of mixing a little of this and that until she concocted this wonderful tea!

My absolute favorite thing about this company is that 90% of their products are completely organic.  The only exception is their sugar free version that uses Splenda for diabetics and other people who are watching their sugar intake.  So while those products aren't organic, they are a very good thing since it markets to an entire community of people who can now enjoy their products.  Oh, and even better yet?  They have a vegan version!  You read that properly, even my vegetarian and vegan friends can enjoy Oregon Chai Tea!

Now for the real life opinion.  I couldn't wait to try this tea because years ago I used to frequent a coffee house that sold Chai and it was my favorite drink on the menu.  I quickly heated and frothed my milk, mixed in equal quantities of the concentrate and milk taking my first taste.  My initial thought was this is awesome!  It was honestly everything I had anticipated.



In my opinion, Chai Tea is a true "comfort food."  When all else is going wrong, I can warm up a cup of Chai and it's warmth just takes over and has a calming effect.  I think the only better thing would be a warm bubble bath with a cup of Chai (or wine if no chai is available)!

Where can I get mine you ask?  No problem, you can buy them right on the website, and they really aren't that expensive.  Also, the more you by, the more you save so if you buy one, you pay a set rate, but if you buy 6 or 12 you pay less per each.  Go ahead and buy yours, you know you want to!  What better to give your Holiday guests than a warm cup of Chai for Breakfast or after a cold night of Christmas Caroling?

Update 8/1/2012:  Just last month I stopped by the local coffee shop to grab a cup of hot chai because I was running on no sleep and four energetic kids!  I was so sad.  It was not good at all.  It was barely sweet (so I had to add several packets of honey) and the flavor was just off.  I don't know what the problem was but it was missing the very distinct flavor of cardamom that is inherently unique to Chai.  On my honor, my first words to my 13 year old were "this is awful, and I really need some Oregon Chai."  I came home and got online to purchase myself some Oregon Chai, and I am happy again.  A whole year later, my thoughts are still that this is the best chai I have drank, and I am a loyal customer!

4 comments:

  1. Returning the love... sorry for the delay!!! Have a great Thursday... Liking facebook adding to circles and twitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you - I love chai... I am your newest follower from Friday blog hop - would love a follow back!
    I am hoping you will be interested in joining me for a January Challenge - I'm looking for recipes - money saving ideas - coupons - any idea that you have found that works to save you and your family money. Would be great if you could visit my site for more information - All contributions will have links back to the contributors site... Thanks much - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    I've Become My Mother
    I've Become My Mother facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to try Organic Earl Grey Citrus.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!