Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Year in Review

2011 in Review 


This year, I have much to be thankful for, but I thought I would share a few with you.  We were relieved to find out through testing this year that Mika, my 2 year old's spinal cord isn't tethered and he won't need a very serious surgery to repair it, which is just a blessing.  We are also blessed to find a doctor who has been able to help my oldest son Max who has been having some health issues his whole life and the meds he is now on seem to be working better than any in the past.

Matt and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary (been together much longer), we started organic gardening and raising free-range chickens,  and we cut out all sodas except on rare occasions this last year.  The result is that I lost 20 lbs-still have a long way to go, and the kids all slimmed down too! Gracie, my 7 year old daughter has drastically improved her motor skills and her reading skills even bringing home the most improved in reading award, and my oldest daughter Suzannah is at the top of her class and doing basketball!  Even though we had our share of really rough times this last year, I have to say we are truly blessed and it was an overall great year.

Resolutions


I hate resolutions.  I went for years and refused to make them because I never keep them more than a day or so.  However, last year I decided to make the resolution to lose weight and while it was a small victory, I did lose 20 lbs.

We have made a lot of changes for the healthier this past year, rarely have desserts or snack foods, but we do still eat too much "southern" meals.  My goal this year is to get healthier.  I want to learn to eat even healthier, and am getting excited about this year's garden, praying for no more drought.

My goals are simple, to drink a minimum 2 cups of green tea a day, eat oatmeal at least once every day for my heart, eat less bread, and to eat more vegetables.  Hopefully, along with these changes will come weight loss.  Honestly though, as I quickly near 36, I just want to be healthier  for my kids and husband, to be around for years to irritate love them, and to eventually go ice skating.  I have never tried, and I want to.  So, how about you.  What are your goals this year?

1 comment:

  1. Losing 20 pounds is awesome! Keep up the good work! It also great to see that when you eat better food, you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!