Saturday, February 25, 2012

Keep your skin young with Lavera Sunscreen

I am always amazed when I think about how my life has evolved in the last 10 years.  Had you told me ten years ago I would using sunscreen I would have laughed out loud at you!  I am a Southern lady who always liked to get her tan on, but when I met my husband 5 years ago, all of that changed.  He made it clear he loved me and didn't want to see me harm myself with the sun.  Funny how love spurs us to look differently at things.  Today, after lots of research, it is simple healthiness that drives me and love was the catalyst. 


This is where loveTrueNatural comes in.  They offer a whole array of beauty products from hair care, body products, and various facial beauty products which have a very high standard of ingredients.  They don't use anything synthetic including: preservatives, emulsifiers, colors, petroleum based ingredients, and they do not test on animals!  Additionally, they only use natural ingredients in their products, and they fully disclose everything that is in their products.  One of my favorite things about the company is they use packaging that has the least impact on the environment, and all of their products are fully biodegradable.  


I am currently using a Lavera Product which has certified organic ingredients, and  Lavera has been awarded "Europe's Greenest Beauty Brand" out of 33 companies!  The Lavera Anti-Aging Facial Sunscreen SPF 15 UVA I am using is 100% mineral based with plant oils and shea butter.  It is immediately UVA, is Parabem Free, and contains "wrinkle-fighting Hyaluronic Acid."   I can hear you asking how all of this translates into real life usage so I will tell you.




At 36, my skin is not as soft or "moist" as it once was, and I find I have to use a great lotion on my face or it is literally dry and peeling. As we all know, even during the Winter when the sun isn't out, we need to wear sunscreen to protect our skin from the sun's rays which can cause damage, so I am usually needing to use multiple products.  Lavera Anti-Aging Facial Sunscreen is a nice medium thick cream.  It isn't so thick that it is unpleasant, but it is thick enough that my face has a nice glow about it once I apply it.  However, it is transparent and thin enough that I can wear it under my mineral makeup which means I can and do use it every day.  I love that it moisturizes well enough on it's own that I don't have to use two products in the morning.  I find the price to be a "medium grade" price because it sells for $24 for a 1.6 oz tube.


The bottom line I like this product and will likely purchase it again.  The only downside in my own personal opinion is that it isn't suitable for children so I have to purchase a separate product to put on their faces daily.  However, the upside is that Mama has another luxury treat that is only mine:  hands off!


Where to buy loveTrueNatural products:  You can purchase an array of beauty products on their website and connect with them on Facebook and Twitter .








Disclaimer:  I did receive products for this review, but I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.








a Rafflecopter giveaway

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up in our Saturday Pinterest party!! Yes, it is ok to link up giveaways if they have a review like this one. We really don't have rules because rules are boring. In the best interest of Pinterest you will always want to post something with a good photo. That is what attracts people to click.

    Thanks for joining in!!! Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I just gave your post a pin! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just entered my first give away. i think I did it right?! i hopeI idid it right!! this sounds like a product i would use.
    i am also your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following back from the Second Thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropping by to say Thank You for following my blog. I really appreciate it. I'm now your newest follower. Have a Wonderful Week!!

    Michelle
    www.scrapthosepictures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect sunscreen of course; my husband dies from a rare form of skin cancer. Regardless of the possible win please protect yourself from the damaging rays of the sun. Thnaks Sarah Woods; raymondw345@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great contest!
    bahjeep@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!