Thursday, March 29, 2012

BonvOILage! My latest journey with Co-op One-Oh-Eight

Co-op One-Oh-Eight

Pin It
Who wants to go on vacation with me?  How about a cruise to France, India, or even Morocco?  I know right now when the sun is shining outside, and the flowers are peeking through the ground, I have spring fever badly! I just want to be lying on the beach somewhere with a cool drink with a little umbrella in it, a pair of sunglasses, a great magazine, and no worries in the world.  Come on, you know it sounds tempting.  You know you want to.



I have recently been on such a journey, but in the comfort of my own home.  Kind of my own little "staycation" courtesy of Co-op One-Oh-Eight.  They are a skincare company, and before you say "like we need yet another skincare company" read on!  This company is like no other.  They use the highest quality ingredients, local and organic when possible, and it is employee owned to set an example of ethical practices!

Co-op One-Oh-Eight offers three different categories of products:  for the lips and face, for mama and baby, and for the body.  This includes everything from lip balms, face serums, body and tatoo salve, oils for mama and baby as well as body oils and hand solve.

I was blessed to receive a package with contained France, Isle of Man, and Hand Solve.  The France and Isle of Man are from the BonvOILage line of oils that Co-op One-Oh-Eight offers which have blends of fragrances to remind you of different areas of the world.

The France oil is a nice floral scent that has a woodsy note to it.  It contains lavender, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, lavender, geranium, and benzoin.  My two-year old, Mika, is rotten to the core a little spoiled, and has to have his feet rubbed down with oil every night in order to go to sleep.  I honestly think it is the calming scent of lavender that is miraculously in every oil I purchase, but regardless, it works like a charm and within five minutes he is out cold.  Hey, don't judge me, any harried mother of four whose husband works 12 hour days, but on night shift will tell you that if it works, do it! And it works.



Mika LOVES this oil.  He loves it so much that the other day I followed the "scent" to him during naptime.  He was being so quiet I foolishly assumed he was asleep.  However, I knew when I smelled my new fabulous oil that I was sadly mistaken.  I found him hiding under his train table with the Bottle of France rubbing his little piggy toes.  It was so sweet, I couldn't fuss at him. I just rubbed his feet for him until he went to sleep, and now the coveted bottle of France is safely hidden until bed time!  I too love this oil!  It has a calming scent and it is just lovely to use in the evenings at bed time because it is so relaxing.  Also, my poor feet love how soft this oil makes them feel.

I also like the Isle of Man which has a much bolder scent to it, and is actually for your man!!!    Now my man isn't interested in oil on a daily basis.  However, there are those days after working 12 hours straight, especially on a Monday when he worked 36 hours over the weekend, that his poor feet are just aching,  The good wife that I am will rub them for him, and this oil is perfect for this.  Yet, it's perfect for more than feet, and works for whatever your man needs it for.  It will soften work roughened hands, soothe sore muscles (along with rubbing the muscle of coarse), and it has a nice "rugged" scent.   The best part is that it is all natural, packed in  an eco-friendly bottle, and was tested on friends, not pets, so it is cruelty free!


The last product I received was the Hand Solve which as it is named is created to solve hand problems such as dry, cracked, painful hands.  When you consider the fact that Co-op One-Oh-Eight is based in Massachusetts and how cold it gets there during the winter months, the need for such a product immediately makes sense.  Here in the South it is rarely that cold.  However, many of you know already that I live in the country with acres of land, a big garden, and my cherished free-range chickens.  There isn't work outdoors that I am afraid to tackle, and when my husband is outside building something or working hard, I am right beside him.  This product is a "God-send."  When my hands are so dry they are hurting, all I have to do is rub some of this on them.  

It isn't a cream at all, nor is it a thick salve.  It reminds me of those little pots of lip balm that we used growing up where you rub the product on your finger, then on your lips.  This is solid like that. It is made with Calendula, jojoba oil, caster oil, candula-infused olive oil, shea butter, beeswax, lanolin, and a handful of other natural ingredients, all geared towards soft, supple hands!

Their products are quite competitive, and in some cases, quite reasonable in my opinion.  A 4 oz bottle of oil (which is pretty big in the world of oils) goes for $18.99, and the Hand Solve goes for $7.99.  They may be priced like the products you would buy at your average market, but they are so much more!  The fact they are all natural products, mostly organic, and how wonderful they smell and work make them worth ordering online.  Since I am a Stay-at-home-mom and we are living on one income, I consider oils to be a commodity in our home.  I am selective when I purchase them, cherish them, and make them last as long as possible.  This mother on a budget will be buying from Co-op One-Oh-Eight in the future!

You can read more about them on their website, buy the products if you want while you are there, and check out what all is going on at Co-op One-Oh-Eight on Facebook as well!  

Disclaimer:  Many thanks to Co-op One-Oh-Eight  for the products  I received to try.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.  Please do your own due diligence when deciding to purchase!  


1 comment:

  1. I could really use the Hand Solve, might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!