Thursday, March 22, 2012

By Hand Granola Review

BY HAND GRANOLA

There are a few healthy items that are a staple in my home at almost any given time and one of those items is granola.  I do make homemade granola on a semi-frequent basis, but for me it is a time consuming thing to make since I have to stir it every 15 minutes for several hours to prevent burning.  Because of this I do prefer to buy it when I find it to meet my healthy standards.

Today I would like to share with you By Hand Granola, a family owned company that was basically started from  the mother, Suzy's obsession with great granola.  After about a year of much trial and error, she landed on the exact recipe to call her own.  The name, By Hand represents the fact that this all natural granola is made from scratch, by hand!  This granola is perfect for supporting an active lifestyle, and is easy to eat on the go. 

I was blessed with a package of both of the By Hand Granolas:  Original and Gluten-free to try, and of course my kids were immediately nudging me to open the package.  I didn't make them wait long because this is such a great snack or even a meal.  The thing I noticed immediately was the large chunks of granola and tons of cranberries and nuts.  I am a certifiable snacker and one of my biggest pet peeves is opening a box of granola only to find out I have to eat it with a spoon because it is the same size as the oatmeal used to make the granola!  There is no such problems with By Hand Granola.  As a matter of fact, I portioned it into snack sized ziplock bags and we primarily enjoyed this as a snack.



The Original By Hand Granola contains Oatmeal, Coconut, Macadamia Nuts, Almonds, dried Cranberries, and Cinnamon in addition to a few other ingredients.  What I noticed immediately on the ingredient packaging is that I could pronounce and readily identify every single ingredient in the granola. No preservatives.  No chemicals.  Nothing I am afraid to feed my children.


The Gluten-Free By Hand Granola was equally as "chunky" as the original, but without the Gluten.  It's ingredients include:  Gluten-Free Rolled Oats, Coconut, Macadamia Nuts, Cashews, Cinnamon, Dried Cranberries, and a few other ingredients.  Again, I know what every single ingredient is and where it came from!

I give this product a thumbs up for the healthy, natural aspect alone.  I did think the Granola could have been a tad sweeter, but I do like that each person can control the sweet letter for themselves by adding some Agave Syrup or Honey to their own bowl!  Check them out for yourself!   You can purchase their granola on the website for $3.50 for a 4.5 oz package (Super affordable, right?) as well as connect with them on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date with the latest and greatest happenings at By Hand Granola!

Disclaimer:  Many thanks to By Hand Granola for the products  I received to try.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.  Please do your own due diligence when deciding to purchase!     

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I hate making granola, it takes so long and with teenagers it doesn't last long so I'm always need to make more! Tanks for telling me about this company!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!