Sunday, March 4, 2012

Satisfied Tastebuds and some recipes!

It's Sunday so I think it is time that I add some recipes I concocted in the My Wild Crazy Life home this week.  One is a healthy recipe and two are heathy-er recipes!  Hope you enjoy as much as I did!


Allyson's Healthier Chicken Tortilla Soup


3 large chicken breasts
6 bullion cubes
1 large bunch of cilantro, stems cut off
1 family sized bag of frozen corn
2 cans of black beans or homemade black beans
1 pint of organic homemade tomato sauce
Fat free sour cream
low fat shredded cheese
fried tortilla for garnish (optional)
Feeds 6 supper sized portions


1.  Bring to boil a stew pot full of water with 6 bullion cubes in it.
2.  Add chicken breasts, salt and pepper and boil until chicken breasts are done (about 30 minutes)
3.  Remove chicken breasts and add in tomato sauce and  frozen corn, cook for 8 minutes
4.  While corn is cooking, shred the chicken into thin shreds as if you were making BBQ
5.  When corn is done, add in beans, chicken and break up all but a few sprigs of the cilantro into the soup
6. Boil for a few more minutes just long enough to cook the cilantro a bit.
7.  Ladle soup in a bow, and top with shredded cheese, sour cream, fried tortilla strips, and garnish with cilantro


                                                              Bowl my son decorated!

Allyson's Feisty Faux Fried Chicken


6-8 chicken legs, thighs, or pieces of choice
1/2 cup of unseasoned Panko
1 cup of Corn Chex
1/2-3/4 cup of Texas Pete Chicken Wing Sauce


1.  Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking sheet
2.  Put Chex in a large Ziplock bag and Crush it until it is the consistency of bread crumbs
3.  Add in Panko and salt and pepper to taste.  Shake well.
4.  Dip Chicken in the Texas Pete, then put in the Ziplock bag mixture and coat well
5.  Place on baking sheet and repeat with all pieces of chicken.
6.  Bake for 45 minutes to an Hour until chicken is golden brown and done
7.  Plate it up!



Allyson's Almond Joy Cupcakes


1 box of white cake mix
3 organic free-range eggs
1/4 cup of apple sauce
1/2 cup of yogurt
1/2 cup of milk
1 tsp Almond extract
2 cups Shredded coconut

1.  Preheat oven to 350 and spray muffin tins

2.  Add the cake mix, eggs, applesauce, yogurt, almond extract, and milk to a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.

3.  Stir in coconut

4.  Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake according to box directions until cupcakes are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean

5.  Let cool on a wire rack and frost with chocolate frosting of choice

6.  Enjoy!!!

Makes 18-24 cupcakes, depending on size

7 comments:

  1. Your post is making me really hungry I especially like the Almond Joy Recipe. YUM.

    Am a new followeron GFC from http://linkiescontestlinkies.blogspot.com

    I noticed you have giveaways. If you ever wish to advertise em free on my site please do. My main purpose is Contest,Sweepstakes and Giveaways.

    Kevin
    Linkies Contest Linkies

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Thanks for sharing. I'll try some of these...the chicken tortilla soup looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking this up to my Pinterest Saturday link up! I just gave your post a tasty pin. Keep on playing with us. All these recipes look so good!! susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! thanks for sharing :) visiting from pinterest monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at the Feisty Faux Chicken recipe which looks great. I just started using the Panko about a monthy ago, adding my seasoning and all and it is great! Just used it for breaded pork chops 2 nights ago.
    sandy1955@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the recipes posted . I want to try making one.

    2dogs5catscrew@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great looking meal. Will have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!