Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads Review

Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads


The tradition of making flatbreads is over 6,000 years old, so it is surely not anything new, and it actually comes from various corners of the earth.  For example, Roti and Naan originate in India while Pita comes from the Mediterranean, and America has been interested for quite a while in the different shapes and textures of flatbread.



I can still remember my first experience with flatbread.  While staying at my sister's house while I was in town for a visit about 13 years ago, her husband made his version of Roti and served it with eggs over easy for breakfast. It was one of the best things I had ever eaten!  From then on, whenever I was in town, he would make either Naan or Roti (I love both) and serve it various ways my favorite being with an authentic spicy cauliflower dish.

Fast forward to now, and I can almost still taste that wonderful bread.  However, due to life's circumstances changing, I no longer get to enjoy it hot out of the pan as I once did.  You can imagine how thrilled I was to receive a package in the mail from Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads containing three different flavors of their Naan to try.   We received the Original, Wheat, and Garlic.



The Ajmera family have a family saying "don't fight tradition" and they began this company on that exact principle:  Tradition!  They adhere to two rules:  The flatbreads must be utterly authentic, and the finest ingredients and traditional cooking methods will be utilized when making these products.  While I am sure it is difficult to keep up with the mass demand for these breads, they still make the bread in small batches and hand stretch the dough!  My favorite part is that the flatbreads are made with all natural ingredients and no preservatives! The end result is something that can only be described as delicious.


While I wanted to make the spicy cauliflower to go with the Naan, it is too hot for my children and husband to enjoy so I began thinking about how I would incorporate this bread into a meal that everyone will like.  I decided to do my take on a Tandoori Pizza since I knew the kids would love this.




The kids had a blast putting the toppings of their choice on the pizzas, so while it was a messy undertaking, it was so worth it!  Also, all the kids loved the Naan, my oldest even asking if we could buy it again and try it in other ways-of course the answer was yes!

The bottom line is the kids loved the bread!!

Check them out for yourself on their website and you can socially connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.  

Disclaimer:  Many thanks to Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads for the products  I received to try.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.  Please do your own due diligence when deciding to purchase!     


2 comments:

  1. This looks great! Following from the Thirsty Thursday Blog Hop! Check out my blog http://gabbylynnreviewsandgiveaways.blogspot.com/ and my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/GabbyLynnGiveawaysandReviews if you wouldn't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!! new follower!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!