Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Acupressure for Pain-Yantra Mat!

The Yantra Way


Pin It
I have a lot of great sponsors here at My Wild Crazy Life Blog, and I get to review many products:  some I love love, some I like a lot, and others have qualities I like and some I like less.  I am always honest in my reviews, sharing with you the good, bad, and thankfully, I haven't yet had to share an "ugly."  Today, I am going to share a product with you, that I can say proudly and honestly is the best thing since Coke Cola and Moon Pies as we would say in the South.  

I believe in keeping my blog as upbeat as possible, so something I don't believe I have shared or dwelled on is the fact that I have Degenerative Disc.  I have had back issues as long as I can remember, officially diagnosed with arthritis of the spine in my teens, and by 26 I was officially diagnosed with Degenerative Disc of three of my lower spinal disks.  I live in chronic pain, but most of it is manageable if I don't do any heavy lifting, if I wear my orthopedic shoes, and if I hold my tongue just right.  However, even on good days I live in pain, and when I have a flare up which is only several times a year, I am in so much pain it is hard to even move.

Thankfully, I have a sense of humor about it, so I can laugh as I am walking lopsided because the spasms have siezed my leg up, but in all seriousness at those times I would do anything to get some relief.

 Bodo Wellness,  specializes in products that are designed to help everything from stress, lack of sleep, aches from a long day, and even have been known to help provide relief from pain.   Yantra Mat USA , owned by Bodo Wellness offers an Acupressure Mat called the Yantra Mat.  Even if you aren't interested in Yoga or Acupressure, the Yantra Mat is great for everyone.  It helps with Stress Relief, Trouble Sleeping, Fatigue, Muscle Tension, Headaches, and Back/Neck Pain.

The Mat has 8,820 acupressure points which increase blood flow and may even help release endorphins and oxytocin which is the body's own pain relief and happiness hormones.  I wanted to use this mat for several weeks before I did a review on it, and I am glad I did.




I started off only being able to stay on the mat for a couple of minutes out of the 20 minutes recommended, and honestly that first day it was hard.  However, I dozed off the second day using it, and I noticed when I woke up 10 minutes later, I didn't feel anything uncomfortable.  It is my experience after the first couple of minutes, your body goes calm with just a warm feeling on your back or stomach-whichever is lying on the mat.



I have fallen in love with this mat, and haven't missed a day lying on it for 20 minutes, including the one night I fell asleep on it and woke up an hour later according to my husband.  Waiting to write this review allowed me to see the true extent of the relief it provides in my experience.

Three days ago, we had to drive 2.5 hours to take my children for a visit, and my back locked up in the trip and has been in spasms since.  I won't lie.  I am in excruciating pain, but with my husband working night shift, I simply can't take muscle relaxers or strong pain pills to eleviate any of it because I would be a zombie watching my 2 year old.  This mat has been just amazing.


I am not a doctor, so I am not making medical claims of healing or any such thing with this mat.  I am only giving you my honest, personal opinion.  I have used this mat at least 4 times a day and twice at night the last few days, and it gives me relief from my intense pain for a few hours at a time.  When my spasms get so bad I cannot breath, I lay on this mat for 20 minutes and the spasms stop for several hours making it possible to be a mom, clean the house, play with my child, and over all live a normal life.

The wonderful thing is, I love this mat just as much when I am not in this kind of pain.  It is just so relaxing to lay on it.  It works out the "kinks" in my body, and as a mom of four I can always use some relaxation.  Even when I don't drift off to sleep while laying on the Yantra Mat, I get off of this mat feeling relaxed and energized.  The Yantra Mat has become my new bestie and I will not be going anywhere without it going forward.   I can tell you when this mat has been used beyond repair, I will be springing for a new one!  I simply can't imagine life without my Yantra Mat.

You can read more about the mat and Yantra USA on their website,  follow them on Twitter, and Fan them on Facebook to keep up with all the great things happening at Yantra USA.

Disclaimer:  Many thanks to Yantra Mat USA owned by Bodo Wellness for the product  I received to try.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.  Please do your own due diligence when deciding to purchase!   

44 comments:

  1. I learned that it has 8,820 effective pressure points!

    Jamie

    savvyhousewife @yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their color choices for Yantra! I have fibromyalgia...gotta fight the pain in style!
    Raffle copter name: Kitty duh
    panicxduh[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that the Yantra Mat has at least 8,820 effective pressure points.

    I gotta try this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband & I both have bad backs. He has herniated his 5 times. We have an inversion table & like it. This mat sounds like something else to try! I like that it worked for you!

    nineteen19 at blackfoot dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned each Yantra Mat has at least 8,820 effective pressure points -- more than any other mat on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that this can help with back pain. I have lived with this pain for almost 23 years and I am only 40. If this could help it sure would be so nice. I have tried many things in the past but nothing really helps.

    rrudnick@netnet.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. When lying on your back:
    Lie down on a flat surface. If possible, place a pillow under your neck. This stimulates acupressure points along the spine and can help soothe neck and back problems. Bend your knees to ensure contact with your lower back (or use on top of your mattress, for more contouring).

    ReplyDelete
  8. the Yantra Mat has at least 8,820 effective pressure points.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you can use the mat in many different positions, Back, belly, cheek or sitting

    ReplyDelete
  10. I commented on your http://mywildcrazylife.blogspot.com/2012/04/add-little-eco-friendly-mystery-fun-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mat has at least 8,820 effective pressure points! And that is more than any other mat on the market.

    cherriesjessilee at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. They recommend 10 minutes of use on days 1-4.
    pkildow at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yantra Mat’s 8,820 acupressure points provoke the kind of clarity and focus that usually comes with prolonged meditation or intense physical activity.
    magic5905 at embarqmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. HORTON111@AOL.COM

    You can use the mat on a regular chair, or sit down and place the mat under your buttocks. This position will loosen tension in the lumbar region and buttocks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the 8820 pressure points.

    rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Yantra symbol will remind you to breathe deeply and relax, even when you're too busy to lie down.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I learned Yantra comes from the Sanskrit word yan, which means “form,” and tra, which means “free.”
    I would look forward to using the Yantra mat in conjunction with my chiropractic adjustments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like that you can use it in multiple positions!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite feature of this mat is the 8,820 acupressure points.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! I would love to try this mat and it's 8820 pressure points. I love the slogan Clarity, Focus, Energy and Peace.
    Connie Gruning
    CGruning at aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the Purple Yantra Mat. I learned that all medium mats come with a free carrying case!
    pizzanumber2 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I learned that it has over 8000 pressure points. I really need this mat, I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I learned that the mat can help with headaches, stress, back and neck pain, and more. I need this!!

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  24. I learned it has over 8000 pressure points. Pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  25. With every use, the Yantra Mat reminds us: the body and mind are not distinct. The condition of one can affect the health of the other jtwark@mail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. 8,820 acupressure points provoke the kind of clarity... sounds good to me

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to win this mat, I suffer from migraines, I don't sleep much at all, I suffer from Fibromyoligia, this would be great, if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  28. non-giveaway post: http://mywildcrazylife.blogspot.com/2012/04/affordable-cloth-diapering-with-sun.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. Tweeted: https://twitter.com/#!/CGruning/status/192462447318286337

    Connie Gruning
    CGruning at aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  30. 97% of people who used the Yantra Mat reported “positive effects”.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like that it has 8,820 effective pressure points.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The Yantra Mat site stated that the body and mind are not distinct. The condition of one can affect the health of the other. I am a true believer of this. I have had back and neck problems for years since having been hit by a car. There are days I just simply can not get comfortable. I would love so much to try this mat in hopes of easing my discomfort. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I learned that there are over 8,000 pressure points

    ReplyDelete
  34. I learned that there are over 8,000 pressure points

    ReplyDelete
  35. its good for many types of pain

    ReplyDelete
  36. I learned that there are four different positions you can use it with.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Traci Lynn ButlerApril 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM

    You can use the mat in a chair as well as on the floor

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like that they encourage you to start slow (10 minutes initial use) to get a feel for it.

    tamarsweeps at gmail-dot.com or Tam S. rc/fb

    ReplyDelete
  39. I learned that the mat has at least 8,820 effective pressure points.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I learned that the Yantra Mat is made of 100% cotton and the spiked flowers are made of 100% non-toxic ABS plastic. Gaye M; rustysrambles(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I learned that it has 8,820 effective pressure points

    ReplyDelete
  42. I learned that the mat has 8,820 effective pressure points.
    klconn7 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  43. i learned that it has thousands of pressure points, and you can use it on a chair OR on the floor.
    cbstrat (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  44. These mats are great and can be highly therapeutic for tendonitis in the back, neck and shoulders, as well as helping with pain-induced insomnia and avoinding pharma-based painkillers. Strongest mats on the market are from LotusMasters (http://www.lotusmasters.com/our-product). Our founder also write about his experiences heloing it sure his supraspinatus tendonitis: http://ezinearticles.com/?Natural-Pain-Relief-With-Acupressure-Mats:-A-Personal-Experience&id=7207474

    Hope that helps you all. Health and Happiness.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!