Sunday, April 8, 2012

Say no to Harsh Chemicals in Pet Products with Earth Bath

Earth Bath:  Totally Natural Pet Care!


All of you know me well enough by now to know I am striving towards being completely Earth Friendly and only bringing products into my home that I feel comfortable being around my children.  I don't bring in harsh cleansers, I have recently made the switch to making my own laundry detergent, and I like to use all-natural hair, face, and body products.  Why then do I want to use harsh chemicals when washing my pets Kimbo and Ruby?  Simply put, I don't.

In 1995, Paul Armstrong started a company called Earth Endeavors with several friends, and while they came up with great earth friendly pet products, the company just was another story.  Well, Paul didn't give up since he knew he had a great product on his hands and that is how Earth Bath came about and is now a booming business!  This California based company only uses the finest natural ingredients in their products which makes for super happy pets while staying environmentally aware!  They offer products for cats, dogs, and horses.


Today I am reviewing a variety of dog products from Earth Bath. The Oatmeal and Aloe Itch Relief Shampoo reminds me of baby powder in smell, but all the ingredients are natural and readily identifiable.  When I used this on Kimbo who has a hereditary skin disorder many Akitas have, it helped soothe his itchy skin and gave him some relief!  Even better he smelled like a baby!



The Tea Tree and Aloe Itch Relief Shampoo smells wonderful too.  It reminds me of my mother's homemade lemon meringue pie, and also did a great job soothing Kimbo.  Again, all the ingredients are readily known, there is no lanolin, and I love that it is all natural.



I used the Mango Tango Shampoo and Conditioner in One on Ruby who is an Australian Blue Heeler and has a bit longer hair.  This shampoo is perfect for coats of all kinds, and gave her coat such a beautiful shine and she smelled like the tropics!


The last shampoo I tried was the Puppy Extra Gentle Shampoo which is tearless and pH balanced.  Ruby is only a year old and still very hyper, so we used this shampoo on her.  She was so soft and great smelling, and although neither dogs get excited over bath time, she seemed so happy when she was smelling beautiful again.


Lastly, I received three different Grooming Wipes to try:  Green Tea Leaf Fragrance, Especially for Puppies, and Mango Tango Fragrance.  These are designed to wipe away dirt and smell in between baths, and work wonders.  Ruby is always poking her nose into something here in the country and coming home smelling weird, and at least twice like a skunk.  I love being able to grab a wipe and have her smelling all pretty again without having to haul her upstairs to the bathtub for a full scrub. (Yes, getting sprayed by a skunk got her a full blown scrubbing!)



The bottom line is these products work great.  They get the dogs nice and clean, leave them great smelling, and I love how well the ones designed for itchy skin work.  The best part is I can feel great about buying them for my pets.  I know they won't hurt them, won't exacerbate Kimbo's already sore skin, and I am not bringing in harmful chemicals into my home!

I encourage you to check out their other products on the website, find a location near you that sells their products, and stay socially connected with them on Facebook.  

Disclaimer:  Many thanks to Earthbath for the products  I received to facilitate my review.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.  Please do your own due diligence when deciding to purchase!    

15 comments:

  1. Oh my mom will love these stuff. She has three dogs.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat shampoo
    2dogs5catscrew@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id love to try some of the cat and / or dog wash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. earthbath has been developed and manufactured in California with only the safest, finest ingredients from nature, and it is environmentally friendly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like the grooming wipes because they contain no animal by-products (lanolin-free) or alcohol and will not remove spot-on flea control products. Safe for daily use on all animals over 6 weeks old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that this brand has deodorizing spritz for when our dog is stinky, but not quite dirty! It's wonderful that the spritz help relieve itchy dry skin as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the grooming wipes! Perfect for cleaning up my pug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned that they are having a contest on their site to win free products for a year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would like to try the cat shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Traci Lynn ButlerApril 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM

    earthbath products are paraben and phthalate free

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to try their cat shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. environmentally friendly
    vmkids3 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never thought of cat shampoo!! I would love to try it on my Kitty!
    ptavernie at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like the grooming wipes.
    shawnac68@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been looking the World Wide Web for this information On Natural Pet Shampoo and I want to thank you for this post. It’s not easy to find such perfectly written information on this topic. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!