Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Snack Healthily with Wasa Flatbread!

Wasa USA

I do a lot of baking myself here at My Wild Crazy Life so that I can better control what we eat.  However, I am only one person divided among 5 other people and my time is a commodity here.   As much as I like to think I have a birthmark in the shape of Superman's S on my chest, the truth is I need great companies to fall back on when I am in a time crunch or just am flat out too tired to bake!

Wasa, headquartered in Stockholm Sweden is the world's largest producer of Flatbread, and while the Swedes are the number one consumer of flatbread, the USA is in the top 10 consumers of flatbread!  Now, I know you are thinking what is Wasa Flatbread?  Well, it is a healthy alternative to bread, akin to a cracker, but larger.  Wasa has always provided flatbreads with rye as the main grain, but over the years they have incorporated other grains such as whole wheat, oatmeal, and barley.  Wasa is low fat, high in fiber, with no added sugar or trans fats.  

I received a variety of Wasa products to help with my review:  Thin and Crispy Sesame Flatbread, Thin and Crispy Rosemary Flatbread,  Whole Grain Crispbread, Multi grain Crispbread, and Rye Crispbread.  


We tried them plain first, and the light rye really didn't have a strong rye flavor to it.  My two year old Mika even ate two crispbreads when he won't touch rye bread!  My favorite by far was the Rosemary Flatbread which was bursting with Rosemary flavor.  The other three, the Whole Grain Crispbread, the Multi Grain Crispbread, and the Sesame Flatbread all are a tad bland when eaten alone, but make for a nice base palette to add other things to!










Of course when I went to make the recipe I had in mind,  not me and I don't know who someone had eaten some of my ingredients, so I decided to wing it!

The first treat we made was a Multi Grain Crispbread with some cream cheese and cucumber!


These were a hit, and the plate ended up being completely cleaned!

The second ones I made were by far MY favorite.  I topped some with provolone cheese, honey roasted turkey and roasted red pepper.  They were just amazing, and something I wouldn't mind eating for lunch or a lite supper some evening!


The Children's favorite was the last that I made.  I topped the Rosemary Flatbread with some pepperoni and mozzarella cheese and broiled it until the cheese was melted through.  They were actually arguing over who got the last one and how they didn't want to share!


I think these are a great alternative to bread, and a great base for making other food!  The website even has recipes you can refer to on how to use the crispbreads for Breakfast, Lunch, Supper, and Snacks!  You can read more about Wasa on the website as well as connect with them on Facebook, so head on over and check them out!  

Disclaimer:  I received one or more of the products listed in the post to facilitate my review.  I received no monetary compensation.  I was under no obligation to post a review, and all opinions are unique to this blog, honest, and my own.

8 comments:

  1. Would love to try the Hummus and Cucumber on Wasa - grammypenny@frontier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to make Wasa's Feta, Cherry Tomatoes and Red Onion appetizer recipe.

    abfantom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parmesan Herb Wasa Parmesan Herb Wasa sounds good.

    Thanks for the giveaway >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci Lynn ButlerApril 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM

    Nutella and Banana on Wasa Multi Grain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to try the Parmesan Herb Wasa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to try the Wasa with Warm Feta, Tomatoes and Herbs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chili With Ground Beef and Crumbled Wasa
    vmkids3 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. [url=http://www.christianlouboutinbuycheap.com/]christian louboutin outlet[/url] OzNRpYYxwrc [url=http://www.cheapcoachhandbagsfactoryoutletonline.info/]coach factory store[/url] WikjagEJZff [url=http://www.specialpriclebags.com/]louis vuitton bags[/url] NihEVLzdtMe [url=http://www.cheapcoachhandbagsfactoryoutletonline.info/]coach outlet store[/url] mSIwKLrcHZE [url=http://www.discountchristianlouboutinoutletonline.com/]mens christian louboutin[/url]

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!