Monday, April 9, 2012

Solve all your Nursing and Full-Figure Bra woes with Leading Lady Review

Leading Lady

I think as an adult woman, one of my biggest frustrations for the past 16 years has been finding a bra that fits me properly.  The problem is, companies assume if you need a full-figure bra that you also need a lot of extra inches around.  I went to a popular bra company in the mall to be told they don't sell larger than a D cup and that I would need to go to the plus sized woman's store to purchase a bra with a larger cup.  Well, I am full-figured, so I trotted to the other end of the mall to find out they don't have a 40 DDD, they have a 50 and up DDD.  I almost cried.  So I went to Walmart, Kmart and Target to find out they don't sell larger cup sizes either.  I finally found them at the major department stores in the mall to the tune of $75, which meant I could only buy one at the time (hey I was young, and just starting out in a career) and it lasted less than a month before it tore up, and I did cry.

It has been the same story over the years, and the few times I did find a full-figure bra elsewhere for cheaper, they looked like something my then grandmother in her 80's wears.  Don't get me wrong, I loved Grandma, but I didn't want to wear her lingerie!  I have finally come to the end of my frustrations thanks to Leading Lady, and I would like to share my findings with you so that you can stop the seemingly futile search!  



Leading Lady began over 70 years ago when the bra company Frank Farino worked at shut down.  For severance pay he received two working sewing machines and $240.  So he did what any young entrepreneurial young person without a job and with a few clients names would do:  He began sewing bras and selling them.  When resources were scarce, he discovered that maternity and nursing bras were considered a medical need rather than lingerie, so he began a nursing bra line, and before long, business was flourishing again!

Fast forward to today, and the Leading Lady company also has a line of full figure bras to add to the nursing bra line.  I received the Molded Padded Seamless Wirefree Full Figure Bra in nude from Leading Lady to facilitate my review.  As we ladies know, I chose nude because it is the only color that doesn't show through most clothing including white.  I haven't worn a padded bra since I was in junior high school for the obvious reason, and I remember the last one being super itchy so I was nervous to try one now.  



This bra is latex free and made out of Nylon and Spandex which makes it the softest bra I have ever owned!  Also, I usually buy wired bras for added support so I was skeptical about lift, but this bra has really good support and lift without the uncomfortable wires that are usually digging into my skin!

It also has a row of four hooks on the back of the bra which prevents indentations and also prevents the bra slipping further up my back.  


Lastly, the bra has slightly wider adjustable straps which are attractive yet sturdy.  I have literally had straps in the past snap off because they were just too flimsy to handle full-figure, and it is obvious Leading Lady knows it's stuff when they construct a bra!  I have worn this bra exclusively for a couple of weeks, hand washing it every night and hanging to dry, and it still looks as great today as it did brand new.



Most of all, I love that the cups are seamless so that I don't have marks or lines showing through my clothing.  The prices at Leading Lady are super reasonable.  The bra I received sells for $38 which means I have no qualms purchasing it, and I can even buy two for the price of the bras that were tearing up in less than a month.    Also, I noticed that many of the nursing bras sell for less than my bra did, and they even have several full-figure nursing bras.  I am done having babies, but I well remember having to wear regular bras when I nursed because full-figured nursing bras just weren't to be found, so I know this fills a much needed market!

You can look at the wide selection of bras at the Leading Lady Website, and connect with them Socially on both Facebook and Twitter.  

Disclaimer:  Many thanks to Leading Lady for the product  I received to facilitate my review.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.  Please do your own due diligence when deciding to purchase!    


2 comments:

  1. Hi Allyson, glad to see you found a bra that works. Bra shopping can be a real pain for anyone who's not 32-38 A-D. I also have a really hard time finding a bra for my 28FF! Many UK brands have big size ranges, so they're there if you want more options.

    Also want to add that your old bras might have been the wrong size for you if the straps snapped off. With a correctly fitting bra, the band should handle 80% of the weight and the straps should only be there as secondary support. Your old straps probably had to bear more weight than they were designed to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually agree with you Scarlett. The strap breaking was back when I couldn't find them at all, and settled. Thanks for the UK brand info, I will look into that as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!