Friday, May 4, 2012

Eco Friendly Cleaning Products by Ecover!

Ecover Cleaning Products

I love using products that are natural, plant based, made from minerals, and chemical free.  I have alternate solutions I can use for things like cleaning floors, washing windows, cleaning bathrooms, etc, but laundry detergent is something I have been still looking for.  I can make my own, but I am not sure how natural it is since it does use washing soda and borax.

I came across a company Ecover which offers plant based and mineral products to clean your house including laundry and they even use 100% recyclable bottles that are made from sugarcane.  The bottles are 100% renewable and reusable, and while most companies strive for packaging made from 30% PlantPlastic, Ecover uses 100% PlantPlastic.  

I was able to try out the Ecover Laundry Liquid ZERO and the Hand Soap, and I would like to share my personal thoughts with you.  

Photobucket


The Ecover Laundry Liquid ZERO contains plant based and mineral products, no phosphates, no chlorine, no brighteners, and they are completely cruelty free-never been tested on animals.  I was honestly a bit skeptical because I have used commercial "free" products before and not been satisfied.  The bottle is made with a small cap so instructions state to use 2.5 caps for a large load of laundry so the amount I used is similar to laundry detergents from the market.

The laundry DID come out clean!  It has a clean smell about it, but I have to admit I have gotten used to floral smelling laundry detergent, and I had to get used to "clean" smelling laundry not necessarily having a bold scent to it.  It works well though, and I am looking forward to trying the Chlorine free bleach with it to see how well it works to brighten my whites.

Photobucket


The Hand Soap has a nice Lavender scent to it which I love because it is natural, yet beautifully scented.  It too is based on all natural plants, contains Aloe, is perfect for sensitive skin, and also has never been tested on animals.  

Photobucket


I was overall very pleased with my experience with Ecover Laundry Detergent and Hand soap, and have found a new addition to my cleaning family!   You can see all their great products on the Ecover website , Follow them on their Blog, Twitter, Facebook, and can even purchase Ecover products on the website, or can find them using the local store finder

Disclaimer: Many thanks to Ecover USA  for the products I received to facilitate this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Please do your own due diligence when making decisions on purchasing something..  


6 comments:

  1. Cool blog! Just discovered it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on being skeptical about how well the eco-friendly products really clean but you give a good review here. I'm also impressed with their bottles being made 100% plantplastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rust, I was skeptical too! I was pleasantly surprised at the laundry detergent. She told me they have one with scent which is something I think I need. With a little one in cloth diapers and such, if I don't smell pretty I imagine the smells still there :). The hand soap works as well as any. It's not antibacterial, but for health reasons I don't like to use those anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Allyson -
    Thanks for taking the time to try Ecover's Laundry Liquid ZERO and Hand Soap. We're happy to hear that you were impressed with its effectiveness and that your clothes came out nice and clean! Glad you liked the Hand Soap too! Enjoy your new, ecological cleaning products ... and thanks so much for spreading the word about Ecover.
    -Deb for Ecover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb,

    Thanks for the wonderful words. We are really enjoying the products, and it is nice to have some commercial products I can feel great cleaning my house with. For a while I had to make them all, now it is so easy just to have them shipped right to my home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always interested in learning about different natural products. Thanks for the review! I will check them out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!