Monday, May 7, 2012

Diaper while loving the Earth with Lotus Bumz Diapers!

Lotus Bumz | Cloth Diapers | Affordable Cloth Diapers | Eco Friendly Baby Care | Green Diaper


I have been on a mission to discover all the different diaper varieties, what the differences are, which brands actually work better or best, and spreading the word to as many people as possible about how easy it is to cloth diaper.  

So you can imagine my delight when I received Fluff Mail a couple of weeks back!  Lotus Bumz cloth diapering company began when Lorain Danus-Herder was looking for an affordable way to cloth diaper her baby because of how good it is for both baby and the environment.  She had her baby one day and became a WAHM the following day!  To say she is someone to aspire towards is an understatement!

I was thrilled to receive one of her Lotus Bumz 2.0 StarButts Diapers in my mailbox!  Mika can talk decently, and the first thing he said was "yay, my new dipey!"  He LOVES the stars and I have to have this one clean for him every night to sleep in.

Photobucket

Seen here in the smallest setting


It is made out of a shiny, leak-proof exterior (PUL) with a fleece lining to help wick away the moisture from baby's bottom.  Also, it has three lines of snaps so that it is adjustable from newborn until at least 38 lbs, but we aren't on the last snap yet, so we have more room to grow in this diaper.
Photobucket

Seen here in the middle setting

It also has hip snaps to keep the diaper from drooping around the hips, and it also came with a three layer microfiber insert.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Out of all of my diapers this one is probably the most absorbent or leak proof.  I DO have to use an extra insert at night time (I put one in the pocket, and one inside the diaper itself) for added protection, but to my knowledge that is necessary with all diapers once a baby gets older and is a heavy wetter at night.  However, with other diapers, I usually limit his liquid intake after supper time or we have a leak through.


Photobucket



The other night we had company and Mika was up until 11 eating and drinking several glasses of milk right before bedtime.  While he did pee and have to be changed, I was shocked he didn't get me wet!   The only night I had issues was when I only had one insert clean (did I mention all the spur of the moment company?) and of course he wet through that night because of my lack of preparation!


Photobucket

Leg is nice and snug, but not uncomfortably so!


I have been much pleased with this diaper, and at $16.97 for a diaper with a triple layer microfiber insert included, it is a nice mid-priced diaper.  It is definitely Mika's current favorite, and since it works well, that's that's good enough for me!

Lotus Bumz also carries leg warmers, and mama cloths in addition to diapers, and you can see more of their cute designs on the Lotus Bumz website.  You can also find them on Facebook, Pinterest,  and Twitter, so head on over and like or follow them to keep up with what is going on!  

Disclaimer: Many thanks to Lotus Bumz for the product I received to facilitate this review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Please do your own due diligence when making decisions on purchasing something..

38 comments:

  1. I like the LollyPop Baby Leg Warmers

    demureprincess7(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love baby leg warmers! when my daughter was crawling they were great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handmade Mama Cloth – Brown Owls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ladybug
    sandy1955@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. commented on this post: http://mywildcrazylife.blogspot.com/2012/02/allysons-quick-er-potato-rolls.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the leg warmers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sky Blue is another one I like

    tannerboyle12@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. HORTON111@AOL.COM

    BABY LEG WARMERS GLOWING LIGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Red Riding Hood Wet Bag :)

    wilkinsrus at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Blue Swirls wet bag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also like the cloth trainers in the citron dot pattern

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also like the cloth trainers in the citron dot pattern

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the Rawr Goes the Dino – Minky diaper. My son loves dinosuars.

    Lindseyaylward@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite design is the Twirly Swirly Cloth diaper! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this one http://www.lotusbumz.com/handmade-fitted-rusty-orange-paisley-one-size/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the Starry Night diaper and the Green Beepop. I also like the Moo Moo Cow wet bag.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOuld love the newborn pocket diapers they sell too since I am due any day now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also like the Citron Dot Cloth Trainers.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Handmade Fitted Fancy OS.

    rache81(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Handmade Fitted Polkadot Blue Fun – so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://www.lotusbumz.com/handmade-mama-cloth-mint-owls-2/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the dream big shirt on Candy Flavas website!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the handmade fitted diapers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Left a comment on the Oopsie Daisy blog post.

    jenwalker6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the handmade fitted rusty orange OS diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The sunny Stars diaper is really cheerful and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I need more diapers b/c i'm just staring out. I could use a wet bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love the green beebop pattern

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the red riding hood wet bag

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the Baby Leg Warmers – BL LollyPop. rustysrambles(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oops - I clicked the button for "Enter Mother's Day Magical Hop-Petunia Pickle Bottom Weekender Bag ARV $180 Giveaway!", but I hadn't and couldn't figure out how to undo it. Please delete that entry - thanks! rustysrambles(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the Periwinkle Twinkle diaper
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Starry Night diaper
    vmkids3 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like the snow white cover.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like the Handmade Mama Cloth – Teal Flowers

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!