Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Insanely busy day and a Birthday

Mika Jhett is no longer a baby :{

Yesterday was just an insanely busy day.  It was my son Mika's 3rd birthday, and my dog Ruby was scheduled to go in to the vet to insure she never has puppies.  No worries, my husband is off work until Friday, so I had plenty of help.  Right. 

I woke up at 5 am so I could get the oldest three up to go for a run and proceeded to get everything in order so we could walk out the door at 7:45.  I cooked DH a bacon egg and cheese English muffin since he likes a less than healthy breakfast, and took it to him in bed only to find out he is "sick" which I really think translated into he was still tired.  Regardless, he was nauseated and couldn't help out with the day.

Photobucket


Ruby is terrified of a car, so it took quite sometime to get her and an excited toddler in the car, but three hours later I was back home with the supplies I needed to complete Mika's birthday cake.  I took all three cake decorating classes at Michael's when I was 15, but I haven't decorated a cake in 10 years.  Max was 3 when I decorated a really cool dinosaur, and now I had to pipe out a cake.  Mind you, all I know is old school, so while it is super cute, nothing I do is contemporary in any stretch of the imagination.


Photobucket


All of my baking supplies long since gone, I was working with two tips, disposable bags and four colors.  I don't want to buy more because my mother in law has literally hundreds of items she is bringing me at the end of the year and this stuff isn't cheap so I will wait patiently.

Photobucket


After the cake was baked, it only took me 3 hours to decorate it, and while I had a hard time getting a great picture (we were hiding the cake) I am very proud of how it turned out.

Photobucket

Mika got a sandbox and sand toys for his birthday, and daddy supplemented this with quite a few toys from the dollar aisle.  I love 3 because they have no concept of cost and just love things like bubbles, chalk and dinosaurs!

Photobucket


Today is much calmer thus far, and hopefully I can get caught up on all the blog work I didn't get done yesterday!  


2 comments:

  1. Aww, Happy Birthday to Mika! Love the train cake. How cute! And looks like he is enjoying his new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel-He definitely loves his toys and his cake :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!