Friday, June 29, 2012

Dairy Free Goodness with Sunsational!

Because of the milk allergies in our home, we are always trying out new non-dairy beverages to either drink or put on cereal.  There are a couple of brands that I would consider staples and ones that we buy all the time, but we are always trying others in the search for that perfect non-dairy  beverage.

Sunsational a vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy free, and peanut free beverage made from fresh roasted sunflower seeds grown in the US.  It is packed full of antioxidants, Vitamin A, and it is made in a nut free facility so there is no chance of cross contamination.

Photobucket

I received a package containing the Original Sunsational and the Vanilla Sunsational to help me with my review.  The first noticeable difference between Sunsational and other non-dairy products is the color.  Sunsational is a tan color while other products are white.  This is due to the Vitamin A in the milk and is just a sign of yummy goodness!  




Photobucket


Sunsational has a taste all of it's own.  It tastes just like sunflower seeds, in my opinion.  I first tried it in my coffee as a cream replacement, and while it was good, I think it is best served cold and just as it is!  The Original Sunsational actually was the children's favorite, and they drank it for supper two nights in a row.  They all agreed that it was tasty, even though it was "weird" to drink sunflowers!


Photobucket

The children didn't care much for the Vanilla Sunsational which I thought was silly because it obviously tastes better!  So, I got to enjoy the whole quart myself in my coffee every morning!  My overall experience with this milk is that it is very tasty, and I love the additional healthiness of this milk compared to others.


Photobucket

You can find out more about this milk on the Sunsational website, Facebook, and buy it on Amazon.  


Disclaimer: Many thanks to Sunsational  for the products I received to try. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Please do your own due diligence when deciding to purchase

28 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never heard of this product, or anything really like it. I do often use soymilk, so I guess it makes sense that you could make a similar drink from sunflower seeds. It would seem a bit odd to use at first, I'm sure, but I actually think I would like it. Gonna keep an eye out for this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a product for me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of this product so thank you for the information. I will definitely be on the look out for this and will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting product. This will be a great addition for all of the allergy prone folks and I know a few with severe allergies who are always watching out for new products. Hey! This means I get to bring something new to the next conversation, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Sunsational but it sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what blog reviewing is all about - a real user giving her real opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting! I've never heard of sunflower milk, but I love sunflowers. I'll have to keep an eye out for this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think i am going to look for this so that i can give it a try. the vanilla will be my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to try the vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. our 3 year old grandson is allergic to peanuts so it's good to know it is peanut free

    ReplyDelete
  11. This definitely sounds interesting!

    orangestar17 @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of this before and I've never seen it in any stores I shop at.I'd definitely remember that carton.It's eye catching and cute! I bet I'd find it at the health food stores.I just might go find some and try it.You wrote a great review to the point of me wanting to try it soon.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks really good.I said it all in my last comment.
    Thanks!Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i need to try this i have sunflowers growing in my yard wow thnk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of this before, but it sounds really interesting! I'll have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delicious! Never heard of sunsational but will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never heard of this before, interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmm... I've never even heard of anything like this! I'll have to try it out

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmm... I've never even heard of anything like this! I'll have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting. I have yet to try other "milk" products, but have heard some good things about them. I will have to look into this one. I also love sunflower seeds, but They are soo small and take so much effort to eat one seed. This would be easier.

    Katie Wurn
    kpopjunki.blogspot@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sunsational sounds very tasty. Thanks for the interesting and informative review!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would have to taste it before actually giving it the nay or yea but would like to at least try it. What kind of shelf life does it have and how long does it last in the fridge once opened?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds wonderful. I love sunflower seeds. Like the above person commented I would love to know about the shelf life both before opening it and after it has been opened. I live a lone so this is very important to me

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have never heard of this product before. It looks like a good healthy choice.
    marypopmom@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is a first for me. have not even imagined sunflower milk. this will be a must try when it comes to our area. i am a huge sunflower and suflower oil fan and would love to try this

    hydepennym@gmail.com
    penny hyde

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've tried almond and soy...so this was good information, am open to trying this now

    truwinner@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have never heard about sunflower milk..Strange. Would love to give it a try.

    wisdompays50 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very strange product, never though about sunflower milk :)

    wisdompays50 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!