Thursday, June 28, 2012

laabn social haircare!

Around Christmas time last year I stumbled upon what might be my favorite hair products ever.  They are definitely in my top 3 favorites because of results.  laabn social haircare created by Adam Martin represents some really great causes!  After being inspired by a local teen center and "Oprah's Big Give,"  Adam combined business model with charitable giving.  


The bottles themselves are named for the exact dollar amount that will be given to charity.   For example, if I use a bottle of  "3" shampoo, then 3 dollars of my purchase goes to a charity.    Even better, there are multiple charities on the website, and YOU get to choose which charity gets your donation.   


I was so pumped when laabn contacted me a couple of weeks back about my hair.  I got to explain my exact issues,  and they sent me products which are geared towards my specific hair needs.  Isn't that so cool?  I received a bottle of the 1 Oil Treatment and the 3 Toner for my hair to help with the frizz and my split ends.

Photobucket

The 1 Oil Treatment just smells amazing.  Period.  If this product didn't do anything at all to help my hair, I would still buy it just because my hair smells so great!  However, it is doing a great job adding shine, controlling frizz, and smoothing my hair.  It's an actual bottle containing Maracuja, Brazil Nut, and Buriti oils which I pour in my hand and apply to wet hair focusing on the hair from my ears down.  I also use it in a lesser amount as a smoother when I am done styling my hair.

The 3 Toner is sprayed on liberally before styling and it adds volume and adds a thermal protection while blow drying.  I already had some 3 cleanse which I have been using with the other two products, and my hair looks the best it has looked in 3 years.  I can blow dry it out straight now, and while it still has a lot of volume, the frizz level is almost gone!

I would recommend these products to anyone, because they work equally great on my daughters' hair and one has very straight, course, thick hair,  while the other has whispy thin hair.  You can find out more about these and other great products at the laabn website and on Facebook.

Disclaimer: Many thanks to laabn social haircare  for the products I received to try. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Please do your own due diligence when deciding to purchase




31 comments:

  1. The toner sounds like something that would really be good for my hair. I like products that are formulated for the special needs of our hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the the numbers represent the amount of money donated to charity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ideas this company is using. The numbers are great to see what kind of contribution you are making to a charity when you purchase. And I like that you can choose which charity to donate to.

    I need a better hair care routine so I will definitely be checking these products out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wispy thin hair like one of your daughters so I think I'll give this a try :)
    Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should try this, my hair has the worst wild frizzy bits. I also like companies that give back (the donations).

    The Rafflecopter calls me 'Margot' since it is accessing my facebook where I am 'Margot Core'; the Rafflecopter connects to this

    email: annazed10 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The toner sounds reall, really interesting! I know I could definitely use it since I blow dry my hair every single day, hehe.

    floatingpyramids at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a unique company! Not only in the way they can help you customize your hair care routine, but the very upfront way they let you know what they--and you--are giving back to society by donating to specific charities. I love this concept! How great would it be to see more companies doing that??

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea and the products sound wonderful! my hair has become sooo frizzy, but everything i try on it weighs it down. thanks for sharing about this - is sounds like a winner!!

    velvetelvis46@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so nice of them to send you things that would help with your hair problems! Split ends can only be helped by cutting them off other than smoothing them down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The products sound really great - especially the help with frizzy hair and the charity donation make it even more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like your blog and the great giveaways. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The 3 Toner would be good for my hair because it needs volume.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bottles themselves are named for the exact dollar amount that will be given to charity. For example, if I use a bottle of "3" shampoo, then 3 dollars of my purchase goes to a charity. Even better, there are multiple charities on the website, and YOU get to choose which charity gets your donation. What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an innovative entrepreneur! The naming of the individual products is quite creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The 3 toner sounds great... I've been wanting to try a heat protective spray!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds helpful. I am at that point where I can get a good hair cut and style but just don't know what products are best or what to do other than throw it up in a ponytail, so thank you for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am interested in the 3 Toner because of its thermal protection

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laabn social haircare is new to me...thankyou. I love that it smells good and has a charitable aspect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 3 Toner sounds amazing. I need some of that for my hair in this muggy heat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic idea! I like that you're able to pick which charity receives a donation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely need to check out these products for my out of control hair

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like great products! I also love that they let each person choose their own charity :-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. micheal dale grimJuly 7, 2012 at 7:46 AM

    i think this is a wonderful product,my wife would just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great looking product!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I Love companies that donate to charities, especially when the customer gets a say.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Genius that the number matches the amount!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good review. I have never heard of this product before-that's why I love Blogs with reviews.

    Sounds perfect for the frizz we have to deal with in the FL humidity.

    sheilatf52 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, that is so cool! Thanks for sharing, this is my first time hearing about these products.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have never tried these products. Might be time to get them and try them out myself. Thanks!

    tridingermckee at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I was always afraid of using any products on my hairs as I was not sure whether these are good for hair or not. But after reading the blog, I think I should opt for these products. Thanks for the information. If you want to make your hairs more beautiful and healthy, hire our services.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!