Wednesday, June 27, 2012

An Ounce of Chocolate a Day with Righteously Raw and Earth Source Organics

I read a long time ago that an ounce of high quality dark chocolate a day is really good for the body because of all the antioxidants in it.  I didn't really feel the need to research this statement because I was immediately sold on this idea.  Hey, I love chocolate, I want to eat it as frequently as possible without feeling guilty, so I will believe an ounce a day is good for me.  Of course, they aren't talking about the sugar laden bars in the checkout line of the Supermarket.  I have never quite reached my goal of eating chocolate every day, and I am lucky if I eat actual chocolate once or twice a month even though I aspire to more chocolate!

Righteously Raw Chocolates owned by Earth Source Organics began when Audrey Darrow, an 8 year breast cancer survivor began a mission to learn more about healthy, high frequency foods and educate others about them. High frequency foods are naturally foods that are "unblemished" by processing and chemicals.  Earth Source Organics has a Certified Organic and Certified Vegan/Kosher facility where products are manufactured and packaged.

I was blessed to receive a package containing Raw Coconut Macaroons, Divine Mint, Pure Dark, and Synergy Spice chocolate to facilitate my review.  Let me explain that this is different than the chocolate most people are used to eating.  It has very little sugar in it, and the ingredients are raw and really good for you.  These are what I like to call "adult" chocolates because my kids wouldn't appreciate how great they are, or even the taste yet.  That's wonderful for me though, because Mama can enjoy chocolate by herself!

The Raw Coconut Macaroons are filled with raw sun-dried coconut covered in a yummy coating of raw cacao boasting a mere 5 g of sugar per serving!  When it comes to chocolate candy, coconut is my favorite, so I was truly in coconut heaven with this!

Photobucket


The Divine Mint is a bite sized chocolate containing 82% raw cacao, and is simply delightful.  Bite-sized is a bit misleading since I got at least 5 bites out of each bite sized candy bar!

The Pure Dark contains 83% pure cacao, and is exactly what it's name tells you it is.  Pure, decadent chocolate!.  Lastly, I received the Synergy Spice which contains 80% cacao.  I didn't read the label before eating it and was surprised at how hot it was.  The "spice" in the name is due to the cayenne they put in it!  I absolutely love a spicy hot chocolate, so this was just so good after I got over my initial surprise.

Righteously Raw Chocolates are perfect for anyone to enjoy because they are vegan, gluten-free, kosher, antioxidant rich, soy and allergen free, contain no GMO's or refined sugars.   I would recommend these to anyone, and they are a great way to amp up your chocolate intake with health!  You can find out more about them and the different varieties on the Righteously Raw website or Facebook.

Disclaimer: Many thanks to Righteously Raw Chocolates and Earth Source Organics  for the products I received to try. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Please do your own due diligence when deciding to purchase

20 comments:

  1. I'm a chocoholic and never heard of raw chocolate! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say I love raw chocolate but the ones I have tried haven't been all that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried raw chocolate before, but I'll try anything chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks and sounds wonderful! I haven't tried raw chocolate, but really should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love raw chocolates! Wow - thanks for introducing me to what looks like a great brand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh...I'm intrigued by the spicy chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of "raw chocolate" before, but I'm always willing to try anything chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had raw chocolate once before but never see it in stores like Whole Foods! love the dark chocolate and how intense it is - thanks for introducing me to this great product!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound really amazing -- I like sweets, but sometimes I'm overwhelmed by the amount of added sugar. I prefer dark chocolate anyway, so I would love to try Righteously Raw's products!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried raw chocolate before. Maybe I will try it. rkmarsh at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those chocolate macaroons sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those chocolate macaroons sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to try the raw coconut macaroons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to try some raw chocolate. Too many chocolates now don't taste like chocolate at all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sound heavenly!! I am a dark chocolate fiend! I will definitely have to try these.

    Katie Wurn
    kpopjunki.blogspot@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds interesting. Anything with chocolate is good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Righteously Raw Chocolates look very tasty. Thanks for the interesting and informative review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. raw chocolate is a wholly new concept for me. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  19. never tried raw chocolate before, but I'll try anything chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!