Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rhythm Superfoods Great for Summer Snacking!

Rhythm Superfoods


With school out for the Summer and all four of my kids home, I am now having to come up with two extra meals and a couple of snacks a day for the children to eat while they are home.  Meals aren't that hard since I can easily come up with a protein, a veggie, a fruit, and a dairy for each meal.  Snacks are a different story altogether.  As a mom on a mission for healthiness and green living I want them to enjoy healthy snacks; however, as kids they would rather have things like chips, snack cakes, and fruit snacks that are primarily sugar.   I try to sneak in healthy snacks that are akin to the junk food "everyone else" is eating and make my children happy.  It's a win-win situation since they get healthy food while also satisfying a snack food craving!

Photobucket


Rhythm Superfoods is a perfect solution for our home because they provide 100% all-natural snacks that are local and organic.  They are vegan, gluten-free, rich in nutrients, raw, and quite delicious!  They offer both kale chips which are rich in Vitamin A, C, K, and filled with anti-oxidants and sweet potato chips which are packed with vitamin A, C, Beta Carotene, and full of fiber!

Photobucket


We were blessed to receive the Zesty Nacho and Kool Ranch kale chips to help with our review.  Mika, my youngest was so excited to see we had two bags of "chips" to eat and was eager to eat some.  I couldn't think of any good excuse not to indulge him so we decided to open the Kook Ranch kale chips first!  I have made both baked and dehydrated kale chips before, so the first thing I noticed was how well Rhythm Superfoods kale chips held their shape but were still crunchy like a chip.  I am not sure how they do it, but the end result is yummy!

Photobucket


Mika really liked these and ate half a bag before I told him he needed to save some for his siblings when they got off the school bus.  They have such a great ranch flavor it was easy to forget we were enjoying something healthy because it tasted like it should be bad for us!

Photobucket


I saved the Zesty Cheddar to share with my mom when she was visiting the following weekend, and she fell in love with them!  My dad grows a bunch of kale because my mom eats it nightly in her salad, and mom said if she can't find this brand in the store, she would just bake some.  It would be futile to show her the website because she refuses to have anything to do with a computer, so it seems she may be getting Rhythm Superfoods for her birthday in November!

The general consensus among the four kids and myself is that this is a really yummy snack.  I even have had requests for it since they ate it all, and I have it on my list to purchase in the next week.  I would definitely recommend their food to people, and if you are trying to cut down or completely do away with junk food in your life, I would suggest you try these chips!

You can find out more about Rhythm Superfoods via their website as well as Facebook and Twitter

Disclaimer: Many thanks to Rhythm Superfoods. for the product(s) I received to facilitate this review. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Please do your own due diligence when making decisions on purchasing something.

28 comments:

  1. I love baking kale chips--my kids will actually eat them. I haven't tried any packaged ones, but will be sure to look for Superfoods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby would love these, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try their foods. Looks great for my whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried Kale before, barely have even heard about it!
    I am on a health streak right now though, and I love chips, these would be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try the Bombay Curry and the Texas BBQ Kale Chips. They look so yummy! I'll have to see if I can find them in my local health food store even thought they weren't listed as a location. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ It tastes like it should be bad for us - They never need to know any different! Kale has been in new news a lot in the last few years about it's health benefits. Sadly regular Kale is :::::not so tasty or eye-appealing to most. I would love to try these snacks and offer them to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love kale! in all forms. I'll have to try these. I make them myself sometimes, but it's a pain.

    The Rafflecopter calls me 'Margot' since it is accessing my facebook where I am 'Margot Core'; the Rafflecopter connects to this

    email: annazed10 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fantastic to find a healthy snack alternative like these Rhythm Superfoods Kale Chips! LOL Your review made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kale in chip form=a recipe for good health and a grand alternatively nutrient den sesolution for chip lovers, they really are damn good. I'm a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried these chips or ever made any; interesting!! Love BBQ so they would be my choice

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need some of these! I am a very picky eater, and this would make my girlfriend happy if I could get vitamins and nutrients this way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never tried kale before... I've been intimidated by it! Kale chips seem like a great way to get introduced to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betsy Barnes
    pinktaz60@hotmail.com

    I love that these are gluten free :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. that looks goooood

    ReplyDelete
  15. theses look good but kALE CHIPS DO THEY FILL YOU UP?

    ReplyDelete
  16. i would love to try this chips they look very yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love hot these are jam packed with vitamins-- and would still satusfy a "Chip craving!"
    Miz Vickik

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Texas BBQ Kale chips sound amazing! I would love to try those.

    ReplyDelete
  19. they look interesting to try

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really need to find these nutritional snacks...my kids are chips addicts so this would be a great snack that is a healthier snack but has that chip crunch.

    Sherri J
    savvyblog@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kale is something I can't think would be a good chip but with the flavorings and great blurb, they sound like a great and nutritious snack

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never heard of kale chips I am interested in trying them though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amanda H (floatingpyramids)June 27, 2012 at 6:02 AM

    I'm a huge fan of kale chips (so delicious)! floatingpyramids at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. They do look tasty and the fact that your kids liked them says a lot. Plus I love kale, so i will have to try these. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. looks yummy!!

    klr89@cornell.edu

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have never tried kale chips. I think there might be some resistance in my family, but *I* think they sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The kale chips and sweet potato chips look very tasty. I can't wait to try them too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!