Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight and Review: Tropical Traditions!


Tropical Traditions Canadian Raw Honey 

You know by now that one of my favorite companies is Tropical Traditions.  They sell everything from green/eco-friendly laundry detergent, virgin coconut oil, beauty products, grass-fed meat, different grain products, and Canadian Raw Honey.  Their nutrition and health values align with the the life I am trying to lead and teach my children so they definitely have the My Wild Crazy Life Seal of approval.

I have been blessed to review their Gold Label Coconut Oil and host a couple of giveaways in the past, and now I am blessed with some Tropical Traditions Canadian Raw Honey to facilitate my review and Sponsor Spotlight.

For as long as I can remember I have preferred honey over sugar.  Even as a child I remember multiple times enjoying a cup of warm tea with honey with my father's aunt, eating it on Mama's homemade corn bread, and using it for many other things including ginseng and sassafras tea that my father made from the roots he found while "hunting" herbs and mushrooms for us to eat.

This honey which is certified organic is raised in the frontier parts of Canada miles away from any sort of industry, traffic or population and is only harvested during a six week period of the year.  This is unique because most honey today comes from honey farms where flowers, clover and other things are planted for bees to pollinate, but the plants are often raised with fertilizer.    Additionally, Canadian Raw Honey is never heated beyond temperatures that are inside the hive so that the honey is the look and consistency of margarine.


Organic Raw Honey from Canada photo
The honey itself is a creamy white color rather than the brown honey that is sold in the "bear" in the grocery store.  Rather than being a runny consistency it is thick and creamy, and I had to use a knife to get some the same as I would if I were trying to get some butter.  It is incredibly soft and smooth though, and smears evenly over a warm piece of toast without ripping it a bit.  It has a wonderful flavor, and even goes well in my coffee!

It tastes like any honey I have eaten before, but I know where it came from, that it passes strict organic rules, and that it is just good for my family to eat.  It's only $12.99 a pint which is what honey from any local farm costs, so I am sold on this product!

Also, Tropical Traditions is the best place to get Virgin Coconut Oil!  You can find literally hundreds of other uses for coconut oils, and you can see some of them here watching this video.



I love cooking with the Gold Label Virigin Coconut Oil, and I really think you are going to love it as much as I do! I simply use it as a replacement for all other oils for my hair, cooking, smoothies, and it even works miracles as a diaper rash preventative and doesn't harm cloth diapers.

Gold Label Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Win 1 gallon of  Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil!
Tropical Traditions is America's source for coconut oil. Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is hand crafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer. You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on their website: What is Virgin Coconut Oil? You can also watch the video they produced about Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil:

Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality coconut oil. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the  advantages of buying coconut oil online. Since the FDA does not want us to discuss the health benefits of coconut oil on a page where it is being sold or given away, here is the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil.

 So go ahead and check them out at the Tropical Traditions websiteFacebookTwitter, or Pinterest.

Tropical Traditions has graciously offered one of my readers some Canadian Raw Honey of their own, and you just have to go to this post to enter!

Disclaimer: Many thanks to Tropical Traditions. for the product(s) I received to facilitate this review. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Please do your own due diligence when making decisions on purchasing something.

13 comments:

  1. I don't think there's anything tastier then Canadian Raw Honey. I've never tried the Tropical Traditions product but it sounds wonderful.
    asmithonline at yahoo dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried this but I know I would love it! Thanks so much for the wonderful review. You got me going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! Love that it is raw. Will go check out the giveaway now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried this either. But I love honey on toast so I think I'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love raw honey! This sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried raw honey and honey is a big fave in my house! I would love to try this!!
    lovemyhnk@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love raw honey, it's just so expensive. I was thinking about buying it again though, the taste is so much better than conventional.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband loves honey so he might like raw honey, I would probably try it on waffles or porridge

    ReplyDelete
  9. we try to use local raw honey rather than sugar whenever we can. it sure helps with allergies. love the taste of honeY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to put some on a waffle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love honey at our house! I bet this is great honey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has been a long time since I have had natural honey which I use to love getting from the country side about 50 miles from my home in wyoming. this sounds like a wonderful treat

    ReplyDelete
  13. This honey sounds very tasty! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!