Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mara's Pasta -100% Whole Wheat Pasta

A little over a year ago, my oldest son tested high for blood sugar two times, so I decided to change aspects of our diet.  Thankfully when he went in for a third test later on, his sugar is now in normal ranges.  One of the things we made changes in was our white bread and pasta consumption since they break down into sugar so quickly.  We eat less pasta now than we did a year ago; however, when we eat it, I want a whole wheat pasta that still tastes great.
Photobucket


I was blessed with a gift box of pasta from Mara's Pasta to try, and I was very pleased with it.  Mara's Pasta  creates a pasta from two readily identifiable ingredients:  whole wheat and water.  Nothing more.  It lacks that heavy flavor and bite that comes to mind when you think of whole wheat pasta on the market made from durum wheat.  Not only does it taste better, but Mara's Pasta has 7 grams of fiber per serving compared to 4 grams that other brands boast.  The end result is that it takes longer for the sugars to break down which makes it good for us!
Photobucket

I asked my husband to cook the meal for this review because he makes a mean Clam Fettuccine and he readily agreed. However, he doesn't like whole wheat pasta so I boiled up the whole wheat fettuccine sent to me, and some white fettuccine for him.

Photobucket

When he tasted both pastas cooked plain he said the whole wheat tasted better, had a better bite, and was the pasta he chose to eat.  For us the proof really is in the pudding pasta.

Photobucket


I would recommend this pasta because it has a bite and taste that is closer to white pasta but with all the positives of a whole wheat pasta!

Photobucket

You can find this pasta and other pastas on the Mara's Pasta Homepage and purchase them at Mara's Pasta Online Store.

Disclaimer: Mara's Pasta provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Please do your own due diligence when making decisions on purchasing something.

25 comments:

  1. My favorite pasta is a big bowl of spaghetti with my mom's meat sauce. I don't have the recipe, but it wouldn't matter if I did because I'm 99% sure I could not make it as good as she does! Seriously, if I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be her spaghetti sauce. I wish I had some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Alfredo with fettucini noodles, fresh mushrooms and topped with capers! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite pasta dish is Peppered Shrimp Alfredo

    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/peppered-shrimp-alfredo/

    abfantom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a chicken tortellini soup and it was great. I'm not a cook so I am very happy to find dishes that I can make and they turn out edible!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i make a mean shrimp scampi over noodles!!!! yummmmoooo

    hydepennym@gmail.com
    penny hyde

    ReplyDelete
  6. my lasanga is a fave debbie jackson,
    djackson1958 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Japanese Udon noodles soup

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love any whole wheat pasta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to toss rotini with Italian dressing. It's simple, but so good especially served chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. micheal dale grimJuly 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM

    my favorite pasta is lasagna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently discovered gnocchi with sage brown butter sauce. I cheat and use store bought gnocchi. It's so simple and so good!

    safety_chick@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like Penne alla Vodka.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like an amplified mac and cheese.
    rusik76@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love shrimp with spiral pasta,mayo, peas, onion and lots of Old Bay seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this eggplant ziti bake.
    http://www.divascuisine.com/2009/08/creamy-eggplant-ziti-bake.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love anything with angel hair pasta!

    tridingermckee at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love baked rigatoni with cheese, bolognese sauce and mini meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love vegetable lasagna!

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite is Fettuccine Alfredo (CoreyOlomon at gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!