Friday, July 13, 2012

Strawberry-Lemonade Swirl Yogurt Pops

Although we are striving to eat healthier in our home, the one thing that  never changes is my children's love for ice cream!  This is a treat we only enjoy on birthdays or while on vacation, and they love every single lick!  As a mom, I am always looking for ways the kids can get their "ice cream" fix without all the guilt, especially during July which is not only the hottest month for us, but coincidentally National Ice Cream month as well!

Photobucket

I have the perfect solution that is both healthy and lactose free:  Green Valley Organics.  Green Valley Organics has a Certified Humane program which meets the gold standard for treatment of animals.  As a life long animal lover, this is an issue that is near and dear to my heart, and very important to me that I pass down to my children!  Additionally, Green Valley Organics brings peace and love to people:  peace to lactose intolerant bellies, and love to the planet by always utilizing certified organic processes!  

Photobucket

I was blessed to receive a generous package from Green Valley Organics, and since this in celebration of National Ice Cream Month, we decided to make the Strawberry-Lemonade Swirl Yogurt Pops!

Strawberry-Lemonade Swirl Yogurt Pops

  • 1 lemon
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 (6 oz.) Green Valley Organics Strawberry Yogurts
  • 1/2 cup Green Valley Organics Plain Kefir
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
  • 2 Tbs. honey or agave nectar
  • 2 Tbs. warm water

  1. Peel the lemon, reserving the whole lemon for later use. Place the peel in a saucepan with water and sugar. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature. Strain and refrigerate until needed.
  2. Put yogurt and kefir in a blender; add chilled sugar syrup and blend until smooth. Pour into a liquid measuring cup.
  3. Rinse out blender, add strawberries, honey and water. Pulse until smooth.
  4. Pour the yogurt mixture into each of the molds, about two-thirds full.
  5. Top the molds off with the strawberry puree.
  6. Using a wooden skewer, poke the strawberry puree down into the yogurt mixture, swirling as you move the stick up, down, and around in the mold.
  7. Tap mold gently to release any air bubbles.
  8. If using a conventional mold, place the top on the pops and insert sticks. Freeze until solid, about 3 to 4 hours. If using cups, glasses or unconventional molds, freeze until pops just begin to set, then insert the sticks, and freeze until solid.
Photobucket

Needless to say these were huge hits with the kids after playing in the heat all day, and they never even knew how healthy they were for them!

I give Green Valley Organics the My Wild Crazy Life Seal of Approval because they are Certified Organic, Certified Humane, and offer lactose free dairy options!  You can read more about them and find their other wonderful products on the Green Valley Organics website, Facebook, and Youtube.

Disclaimer: Many thanks to Green Valley Organics for the products I received to facilitate my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Please do your own due diligence when making decisions on purchasing something.





37 comments:

  1. That recipe sounds delicious! I would substitute raspberry yogurt and fruit because I have a strawberry allergy, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! I have 2 neices that eat yogurt and fruit.They like almost all of it.I'm going to tell my sister about this so she can make these for them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really good. I have a pops maker and I am tired of all of the stuff that I have been making. I have seen this product (at Whole Foods I think) so maybe the thing to do is go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a nice refreshing recipe for these hot summer days! I am going to make some of this lemon strawberry ice cream myself! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, I can't have any dairy products. I'm not lactose intolerant, I have bad reactions to the protein found in dairy. I do believe I could convert this recipe over to a dairy-free version, though.

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe is giving me some great ideas for a low-sugar pop for my diabetic grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought of actually using regular yogurt in frozen popsicle pops! How intuitive! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will make some of these for my kids! They'll love them and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful my whole family would enjoy these and its been so hot this year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the recipe—these would be great to help beat the heat here in the South!

    skkorman AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds good..i think ill try it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ttrockwood@yahoo.comJuly 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

    This looks like a great idea for my next bbq party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this recipe. Sounds really delicious and something my whole family will love.
    rickpeggysmith(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. this recipe sounds delish!!!! am planning to try this really soon. love refreshing cool snacks. thanks so much for sharing!

    hydepennym@gmail.com
    penny hyde

    ReplyDelete
  15. I gotta try this debbie jackson,
    djackson1958 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had me at Lactose Free. I definitely have to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds soooo yummy! I'm going to have to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look really delicious! Love that dairy-free options exist, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds fresh and light...something I look for in summer treats.

    ReplyDelete
  20. National Ice Cream month? Who knew? The recipe sounds really good. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your yogurt pops look fabulous. They'd be a great low fat treat for a warm day

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummy & organic!!! Whoo hoo! I want some now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow tasty and good for you whats not to like My daughter is lactose intolerant

    ReplyDelete
  24. micheal dale grimJuly 28, 2012 at 8:08 AM

    they sound yummy,and healthy,gotta luv that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have to try this recipe. My daughter will love them.

    safety_chick@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. yumm. We go through a ton of ice cream as well but this seems like a way healthier option.
    rusik76@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Strawberry-Lemonade Swirl Yogurt Pops look very tasty. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven't tried kefir yet, but it's on the list. Looks really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have not tried that yet, but will! I'm not too much of an ice cream eater, but every now and then, I have to have some.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!