Monday, July 23, 2012

Reusable Lunch Boxes for School or Work with Reusit

I have three children in school, two in elementary and one in his last year of middle school.  Up until this year, I have always fed them school lunches because I felt a hot lunch was better for them than most junk that parents seem to pack in their kid's lunches.  However, last year when my son's sugar started really going haywire after school, I realized that middle school lunches are a totally different beast than elementary lunches.  My son was being fed things like pizza, mozzarella sticks, or a fried chicken biscuit for lunch.  Mind you, I am aware that he likely was making these grown up decisions on his own, but his sugar can't handle this, and he was not only feeling really badly but it affects his mood as well!

This year I am packing lunches so I can control what they eat and put "fun" things made with healthy products in their lunch boxes.  So for the first time in my 8+ year career of kids in school, I have been looking and shopping for lunch boxes.  Reusit.com offers a wide variety of reusable items including lunch boxes, and I have found a perfect double use box: Laptop Lunch Dual Compartment Bento Tote Plum Blossom.
Photobucket


It is a larger lunchbox with a large "bag-like" compartment on the top that can hold up to six drinks or anything else you would like to put in it.  The bottom consists of a laptop compartment that can hold the non-cold items in your lunch box or really any items you would like.

It has two separate, sturdy zippers, a handy  set of handles to carry the lunch box with, and is a nice navy color so it doesn't show every little spot or blemish.  Hey, you know with kids they always manage to get everything and under the sun on and in their lunch boxes!
Photobucket

I grabbed my husband's soda's for his lunch and my juice just to show you how roomy this lunch box is!  I am very happy with this box, and my oldest daughter can't wait to carry it to school.  While it has lovely flowers on it, it is a nice navy so it isn't too "girly" for her!  I used it to pack lunch and drinks in the other day when we went fishing, and this lunch box withstood the test of my 3 year old demolition man and a lot of drinks so it is definitely a keeper.  So, check out the great lunch boxes you can consider when looking for the school year or a great new lunch bag for work!
               
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

19 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that they have sturdy zippers! I have bought some similar products {not these} before that I can't say the same for - and they are useless once the zippers break! Thanks for posting!

    Dawn
    www.cheapisthenewclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no hot lunches at my kid's school but I've gotten into the habit of packing prepacked snacks that are full of sugar and salt and probably fat too. I am hoping to try making my own Bento type lunches to enourage them to eat healthier so I am looking for lunch boxes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the bag style lunch boxes and that this one is over-sized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this lunch bag. This would be great for kayaking! Very roomy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always take my lunch. One of these lunch bags would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the capacity of these lunch bags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that it's not too girly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that it can hold a lot food products in the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i miss my lost in space lunch box with me broken thermos..ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is an awesome lunch bag its really cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. This lunch bag has plenty of room and appears to be very sturdy. It looks like a winner. rkmarsh at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have never guessed it was a lunch bag! Haha, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I send lunch almost daily. My child doesn't eat much, so trying to find something healthy and filling is tough. Cute bag. Love Bento everything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great bag! Would be perfect for me to carry to college

    ijessica_r at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the review, I was thinking about buying this for my children.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW this barely looks like a lunch box it's so cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Laptop Lunch Dual Compartment Bento Tote Plum Blossom looks very nice. Thanks for the interesting and informative review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!