Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm a Nutrisystem Blogger! #NSNation

I am so excited to announced I am now a Nutrisystem Blogger!  I have always been heavier, my entire life except for a small stint as a teenager where I was super thin wearing a size five which is tiny for my 5' 7 frame.  I ballooned to my all time highest after my 3rd child about 8 years ago, and when I moved to NC in 2007 I had lost right around 80 of those pounds.  After my 4th child in 2009, I lost another 40 lbs while nursing, but gradually that has come back on, and I am currently sitting where I was in '07:  still very overweight, but 80 lbs less than my all time high.  Although I should feel good that I am not the 350 lbs I once was, I am kinda down about the 100+ pounds I need to lose to be at a healthy weight; however, instead of being depressed, I am taking my life back with the help of Nutrisystem!

I  bought a new set of scales yesterday to ensure the best success with this journey, and I discovered my old scales were off to the tune of 9 lbs.  So, I currently weigh 279 lbs and my goal is to get around 170.  I may re-evaluate things when I reach my goal weight, but that is at the top of my "healthy weight" for my age and height.

I am excited about this opportunity and intend to incorporate exercise into my routine to really help me  take full advantage of this opportunity.  I am waiting for my first shipment of food so that I can get started on this, but in the meantime I have started my water consumption, and for the last two days I have achieved 9 eight oz glasses a day which is a first ever in my life.

My short term goal is to lose 30 lbs by January 1, which gives me a little over 4 months to lose it.  I am going to be here documenting this journey, ups and downs, the whole way, so stay tuned for my progress.  Later this week or next week, I will post pictures of me now, but I need someone to take a full length picture of me!

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting Nutrisystem


*Nutrisystem is providing me with 4 months of free food and support service as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger program. In exchange, I will be posting each week with my progress. All thoughts expressed are my own, and my experience using the system may vary from that of other participants.*

13 comments:

  1. Best of luck! I'm on Nutrisystem too and I love it. Such an easy diet. All the calories are already counted for you :) Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I wish you all the best of luck. It does seem like a great system and I've heard really great stories about success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! It sounds like an awesome system

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the walking and general exercise that is enjoyable is important. I hope you are successful. rkmarsh at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I'm excited to read the updates of your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ttrockwood@yahoo.comAugust 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM

    What an exciting opportunity! It is never too late to be inspired to live a more healthy life-Congratulations on the support of nutrisystem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. pbrgals@embarqmail.comAugust 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM

    pbrgals@embarqmail.com

    I wish you all the best! A guy I know used to do it and he lost some weight that he'd been trying to lose for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! You seem enthusiastic which is probably one of the most important things for weight loss and any other goal. Just keep it up and you'll do great! wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wondeful! Best of luck to you. A great attitude is the best way to get healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting to be on your new journey. I have lost 30 pounds over the last couple of years. Focusing on healthy foods,lean proteins and feeding my body nourishment instead of just food. I wish you the best in your journey and look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting to be on your new journey. I have lost 30 pounds over the last couple of years. Focusing on healthy foods,lean proteins and feeding my body nourishment instead of just food. I wish you the best in your journey and look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey girl im right there with you I just started my diet last week after finishing 4 months of antibiotics for lyme disease.I was bit by a tick december 1st and was too sick and tired to exercise and just kept eating and eating since i got bit..well the pounds packed right on and now im eating really light and am up to one hour on the treadmill since the LD makes my ankles and joints sore but its a start.i swear by the treadmill it really helps the weight fall right off when you do it consistently.it is even fun when you are blasting your favorite music too it makes it feel more like dancing than walking ;)I also drink lots of water it really helps with appetite too.well im wishing you the best and I know you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!