Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Make Every Night a Fiesta with Mex America!

Tortillas are a staple in our home along with several other items such as peanut butter, sour cream, and milk. We use them for everything from wraps for sandwiches, tacos, egg burritos for breakfast, even homemade chips.  While I certainly have specific brands I typically buy at the store, I am always open to trying new brands and even changing my brand if I like a new brand better.

Mex America, founded by Gerry and Sue Riddle when they moved back to PA after living in the West in 1987.   It is a Kosher Certified company, so it is perfect for most families to enjoy,   They have a secret formula, and the end result is a fresh, never frozen naturally shaped tortilla.

Photobucket

We decided to try out our 100% Honey Wheat Tortillas and Traditional White Tortillas last weekend when my son had a friend over to visit.  I was actually browning the tortillas on the stove as the kids were eating, and I barely had a chance to ask them if they liked them before they were all gone!   They enjoyed the baked chips with mango salsa, and chicken wraps.

Photobucket

The general consensus was that the 100% Honey Wheat Tortillas tasted "just like the white ones"  which wasn't exactly true, but is a good indication that they taste great!  My children will eat whole wheat bread, but they do so telling me the whole time it doesn't taste good.  I prefer for them to eat whole wheat flour products, and I like that I have found one they enjoy as well!

Photobucket

You can find these and more products on the Mex America website and stay socially connected on Facebook

Disclaimer: Many thanks to Mex America  for the product I received to try. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. Please do your own due diligence when deciding to purchase! 

20 comments:

  1. I like to make wraps with the whole wheat tortillas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Wraps can be such a great healthy alternative to regular bread!

      Delete
  2. Honey Wheat tortillas? OMG those look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were yummy! I loved the flavor better than typical whole wheat tortillas, but I am sure it was the honey!

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of honey wheat tortillas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can think of all the great combinations to make dessert with these too!

      Delete
  4. Never knew they made honey wheat tortillas..sounds like a great option for dessert wraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the dessert! This is the only brand of honey wheat I have ever seen, at least from the options in the store

      Delete
  5. Now that really looks good. Did you make that? I love those tortillas too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kim, I made it. I took the tortillas and crisped them up slightly in an cast iron tortilla pan. They weren't fried so they weren't hard like a chip, but they had more stability to grab the salsa and hold it!

      Delete
  6. AWESOME! I know what I'm using for our Mexican Dinner night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE love mexican night so well here that they kids are always askings for it when I have no idea what to fix. "Tacos" or "Burritos" is always the answer

      Delete
  7. I never heard of this brand before. I'll keep an eye out for it at the store. I would really like to try the honey wheat tortillas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like them, Danielle. They are slightly less "Strong tasting" like regular whole wheat. The honey adds a good amount of yumminess to the wrap!

      Delete
  8. That looks delicious! I have never heard of that brand before. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Although I eat whole wheat tortillas all the time, I don't care for them nearly as much as white flour tortillas. These are much more palatable.

      Delete
  9. I love tex-mex! I haven't tried the whole wheat tortillas, but I like making bean burritos at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whole wheat tortillas admittedly do taste different than plain white flour, but they are good, and my kids prefer them!

      Delete
  10. These look very tasty. My husband and I also try to eat whole wheat when eating bread products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, I think the honey adds a nice element to the tortillas!

      Delete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!