Thursday, August 30, 2012

#NSNation: Week Three

I dreaded weighing in this week.  I just knew it was going to be bad.  Well, it wasn't bad, but it surely wasn't good either.  I didn't gain or lose this week so I am excited that I am holding strong at 12 lbs lost!



It has been such a crazy week.  Three different days, my complete day was thrown a curve ball, and I had to  run out of the house.  Hours later, I come home having not eaten all day.  For those of you who think you can just starve and lose, I am living proof that not all people can.  I am one of those people with metabolism still so slow that if I don't eat my 6 mini meals, I don't lose.  I did  stay on Nutrisystem food and didn't cheat while I was away from home, but let me tell you 12 hours without any food, then eating at midnight isn't great for anyone!

My son has been so sick, and with the trip to the hospital and two doctor's visits, it's been insane here.  On top of it all, this the "retain 5 lbs of water weight" time for me, so I am glad I don't have five extra lbs on the scales this weeks just because I'm a girl!


My Beginning Measurements:  

Upper Arms: 15.0
Chest: 49.8
Waist: 54.0
Hips: 59.0
Thighs: 23.6

Last Week's Measurements:

Upper Arms: 14.6
Chest: 48.0
Waist: 51.6
Hips: 57.8
Thighs: 21.1

Current Measurements

Upper Arms: 14.4
Chest: 47.8
Waist: 0.0
Hips: 57.4
Thighs: 21.1



For me, logging my food and water and exercise is essential, and I am getting back on track with it all TODAY!  I was thrilled with my inches though since despite my crazy week I lost in small increments everywhere but my waist.  Thanks to bloating, my waist is bigger, so I will tell you the inches on that next week!  Slowly but surely, I am melting away!

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting Nutrisystem

*Nutrisystem is providing me with 4 months of free food and support service as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger program. In exchange, I will be posting each week with my progress. All thoughts expressed are my own, and my experience using the system may vary from that of other participants.* 

30 comments:

  1. Progress is fantastic! Keep it up mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dee! I am trying to stay positive. I am my own worst enemy with feeling down, or even wanting to cheat. I am strong though, and all the encouragement helps!

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work!! There will be tough weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! This week was a tough one, and I made mostly right choices which makes me proud of me lol. Thanks for the encouragement

      Delete
  3. keep it up that proof is later when your clothes don't fit anymore. way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! I can't wait until that day!

      Delete
  4. You are doing great progress!! WAY TO GO!! And KEEP IT UP!!

    Sofia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PDX! I feel like I have my own cheer squad here!

      Delete
  5. Progress is still progress! Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks that is what I am remembering first today!

      Delete
  6. Go girl! I start a BB 90 day challenge Monday and I am so super excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, we can lose together, although I think the 90 day challenge is a lot more intensive than my Nutrisystem!

      Delete
  7. Don't you just hate bloating! Still, you are doing a good job. Keep your eye on the big picture! Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, and I hate how much I bloat. But I knew it was coming, and I hate blogging about it because it is kinda TMI, but the only way I can explain putting on weight literally overnight!

      Delete
  8. Little steps will lead to great progress. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sound and true advice!

      Delete
  9. Baby steps, baby steps! 12 lbs is a lot to have lost, good for you for keeping the loss -- some of us are more of the yoyo persuasion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan. I have ALWAYS been a yo yo. Everytime I lose I get pregnant. NOT this time :D I am positive this time I won't so I am determined to go down!

      Delete
  10. When life gets crazy it's hard to stick to your diet. I applaud you for doing so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I didn't think I could. In hindsight something like a grilled chicken or a salad would have been better than nothing, but the hospital had only junk food so I had to wait!

      Delete
  11. Hey Allyson! Thanks for letting me know about your blog. I really like it and just subscribed! Good luck with your weight loss journey. If you have any nutrition questions, feel free to ask me.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. I have been stalking, I mean frequenting your blog for quite some time now, listening to all you are offering with your expertise in healthy food! I couldn't do it without your help!

      Delete
  12. So great you were able to maintain your weight loss with all the stress this week, great job keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krystle! I told my husband I refused to get on the scales. My son was like, Mama, it's still more than 2 lbs a week lost, so good job lol

      Delete
  13. I'm a mini-meal eater myself and when I get thrown off, oy, it's no good. Congrats on the job you're doing!! Not easy, but you're doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, I definitely love the mini meals now. Idk how I did it before. IT takes most of the pain out of dieting. I may crave a cookie, but I know I Can have one for dessert, thanks to Nutrisystem, and I can be full with something healthy now!

      Delete
  14. Ttrockwood@yahoo.comSeptember 2, 2012 at 5:04 PM

    Congrats on such progress!
    But please, right now, go and make a batch of ziplock baggies with snacks (turkey jerkey, fresh veggies/baby carrots, apples etc) so next time you have to run out of the house you can grab a baggie or two to shove in your bag!
    Hope everything is ok with the kids and this week is less insane :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the advice! I have not been without food or a handy snack since! Starving makes me unattractive :D At least cranky!

      Delete
  15. Hopefully this past week was less crazy for you! Congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week was much better. Seems to be falling off this week, and I am thrilled, thanks!

      Delete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!