Saturday, August 11, 2012

Safari Ltd: A Great Way to Learn While Playing!

I would like to talk to you today about educating your children while playing with them.  I talked about this before in my post about playing dinosaurs with Mika my three year old.  He adores animals:  turtles, monkeys, elephants, dinosaurs, cows, you name it, he loves them.  He even takes his animals to the tub for a bath, to the sandbox to ensure he needs another bath, in the car, to the bank, and we even take them in the to the store with us.  This kid is animal crazy, I tell you.

It's awesome that he has this love for nature and animals, and I use it as an opportunity to teach him things.  For example, he had his turtle backpack in the car the other day, and we discussed how turtles have shells instead of fur or skin like we do, and how his turtle is green.  That opened up a great learning experience where I asked Mika what other things he could think of that are green.  On his own he came up with trees, grass, and the cart at Dollar General!

Photobucket

So as you can imagine, Safari Ltd, which specializes in replicas of animals, dinosaurs, fantasy figures, human figures, educational posters and  so much more is at the top of my shop lists.  It is the perfect place to find great life like toys that allow for the opportunity to teach your child about science, theories of evolution/creation,  and stories of old. 


 Safari Ltd  promotes:

* Green living
* using recycled paper products when possible
*recycling plastic, cans, and paper
* Providing information about how fragile the Earth's ecosystem is and endangered wild life
* Use 100% recyclable packaging materials, and so much more.

Mika recently received a gorilla, monkey and baby, elephant, and giraffe, and he was so excited when he got a package in the mail from Safari Ltd.  He was so excited he was struggling to take a nap so we just skipped the nap and let him open the package.

Photobucket

These new animals are definitely his "new friends,"  and I have found them everywhere from the air conditioner vent, the bed, my vacuum cleaner attachment hose (I think they were going down the slide, but a little unsure) to the car.  Any way I look at it, I have another great opportunity to teach him about all the different animals, how they differ, how they are alike, what they eat, and talk about colors too!

I love that in addition to animals, Safari Ltd has fantasy figurines and other things so that as Mika grows, there will be other age appropriate items that will hold his attention and give me more opportunities to teach him as we play!  What sort of educational toys do you use to teach your children?

Photobucket
Safari Ltd Website has these and so many more products along with  an Educational section.  You can also keep up with the latest and greatest on  FacebookTwitter and You Tube.

How to win some for your own school:   For the month of August Safari Ltd. is hosting a Back-to-School Gift Pack for One Lucky Teacher contest, where both children and adults can nominate a teacher to receive an educational gift pack for a classroom of 40! You can find out more details on  Facebook, so head on over to nominate your favorite teachers!

Disclaimer:  Many thanks to Safari Ltd.  for the products I received to facilitate this review.   I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.  Please do your own due diligence when making decisions on purchasing something.

14 comments:

  1. How fun! I'll need to get my daughter these when she's a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little animals are so neat and what a fun way to learn! I actually think I've seen these at AC Moore before. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to play with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love educational toys! We are starting off our school year with animals, so these would be great to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! My son is a huge fan of animals - right now we're learning all about dinosaurs. Educational toys can be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so real! I love that they are giving them away to a teacher. They could be put to such great use in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my kids love realistic animals and figures. i love that this company promotes green living as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought my granddaughter some animals like these for Christmas. They are her favorite playthings and she is very imaginative in her play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen these before and would love them for all of my grandchildren! They really are great quality!

    ReplyDelete
  9. like sea life and the sea creatures would be great

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so neat--I love how realistic they are! Not only great toys, but great teaching tools as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are probably the most realistic animals I have ever seen! My little niece would adore them...the kangaroo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think these are a wonderful, educational asset to any kids collection! I found their Snow Dragon which glows in the dark really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this company and I agree with you 100%. Fantastic that it allow to teach your child about science, theories of evolution/creation, and stories of old in a fun way that they can remember!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think these are great! And I also love that Safari Ltd is having a Back-to-School Gift Pack for One Lucky Teacher contest! I will be checking it out as my neighbor teaches 3rd grade and her hubby 6th grade science!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!