Thursday, August 23, 2012

Week 2 #NSNation

My mama, teachers, and doctors have told me my whole life that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, yet I don't like to eat breakfast.  I never have, not even as a child.  Literally up until 2.5 weeks ago, I never ate breakfast unless we had company or were visiting someone.  


Photobucket


Being on Nutrisystem for two weeks and a half has taught me the importance of eating breakfast.  It is true that starting off your day right, revs up your metabolism.  I am literally eating 3 times as much food now that I am on Nutrisystem than I was before, yet I am 12 lbs down.  None of that makes sense to my brain, but I know that it is a combination of eating frequent small meals, and a diet that has low sugar and high fiber to slow the sugar breaking down into fat that is doing it.  






I still don't wake up hungry or feeling like eating.  However, I have discovered my favorite breakfasts from Nutrisystem, and already ordered multiples of my favorites for next month so that I can really enjoy breakfast.  I am still in the process of creating new habits, but I am thrilled at how many inches I have lost and what the scales say that I am so not quitting!

    Beginning inches      Current Inches


Upper Arms:                15                            14.6

Chest                           49.8                         48.0

Waist                            54                            51.6

Hips                              59                             57.8

Thighs                           23                             21.1


I began my weight loss journey 3 weeks ago at 280.2 lbs and today I am thrilled to say I am down to 268.2!!!  I may have a long way to go, but seeing results week after week is what is keeping me motivated!  Hey, the fact that I can't keep my pants up is also exciting.  Now if I can lose 10 more lbs I can fit in my smaller pants (not sure why I am missing a size in between, but I'll be happier to be in an even smaller pair after all)!


Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting Nutrisystem

*Nutrisystem is providing me with 4 months of free food and support service as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger program. In exchange, I will be posting each week with my progress. All thoughts expressed are my own, and my experience using the system may vary from that of other participants.*
                     


14 comments:

  1. How amazing!! You are doing great. I need to look into this diet plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the opposite, I always wake up starving! I would love to try the program; you are doing so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on losing weight, keep it up! I have always loved breakfast foods, so my issue is eating too much breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great! Keep it up!! I always struggle getting breakfast in, but you are right it is so essential. I've noticed a big difference since using nutrisystem and getting in those delicious breakfasts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, ladies. I actually struggled really hard this week, but I want to keep my posts focused on the positives so that when I reread it, I will absorb positive, not what got me down. I am already in pants a size down. I went searching through boxes and found one pair a size smaller and don't fall off as I zumba!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome! I'm excited for you! I don't eat breakfast either, but then I leared even a small orange every morning on my way to work definitely helped! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are off to a great start. Congrats! I really need to get better about eating breakfast. I usually just have coffee for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Not sure if you're up for before and after pics, but we'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray! I'm so glad for you. You should feel great! :D You can also try protein drinks for breakfast, if Nutrisystem makes them. They're delicious and good for you too. :) Thanks for your visit. I'm a new follower. Come link up to my blog hop if you get a chance.
    www.botanical-balance.com
    www.drinkyourgreensandminerals.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Because you asked, here are my pictures...I can't see a difference, but the proof is on the scales http://mywildcrazylife.blogspot.com/2012/08/because-you-asked-pictures-nsnation.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your weight loss so far keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!