Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back to School Party with Jolly Time!

Photobucket
One of my favorite snacks growing up was Popcorn.  My mother had (still has) an old iron pot that she would heat oil in before adding in the kernels popping the most wonderful tasting popcorn you can imagine.  I can almost taste it as I am writing about it, remembering fondly sharing a big bowl before bedtime.  This is a tradition I definitely want to share with my children, but I have discovered a much easier way to share this tradition:  Jiffy Pop.
Photobucket

 Jiffy Pop is the perfect snack for family movie night, like last night when we watched The Hunger Games-AGAIN, or for a light after school snack to fill hungry tummies!  I love the Jiffy Pop individual sized bags with 100 calories.  The kids can enjoy everything from Kettle Corn to Butter Flavored, and while they think they are getting a truly yummy treat, I feel great knowing they are snacking on something so low in calories!

Photobucket

We had a super fun back to school party complete with Jiffy Pop, lots of music and dancing while we had all this company.  The kids had a blast, and as of last night are still asking if they can make their "own bag of popcorn."  These bags are so easy to make that even my 8 year old can pop her own.  Just pop in the microwave for 2 minutes and viola! Tasty popcorn!  My personal favorite is the Kettle Corn 100 Calorie bags, because this fits with my requirements for the diet that I am on, and I get a salty AND sweet snack all in one!  Now that is what I can a win:win situation any day!

Photobucket
You can find some these and more products on the Jolly Time site, Facebook and Twitter.  You can also try one or more of these fabulous looking recipes!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

6 comments:

  1. we love popcorn at our house. It is so easy for after school snacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat this popcorn every evening almost. I love it. 3 WW points for the mini bag - it is a perfect snack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am allowed 3 cups of popcorn (as long as it isn't laden with fat/calories/yumminess) on Nutrisysem as an extra. I don't do it everyday, but this is such a yummy treat!

      Delete
  3. I have a little popcorn machine - but I don't use it nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a machine once, but I never used it lol. I do occasionally make it on the stove though, but not too often

      Delete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!