Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Packaways: Eco Friendly Storage Boxes? Yes, please!

Photobucket

I pride myself in trying to live a greener, more eco-friendly lifestyle every day.  I believe that a person is never too old or knowledgeable to learn a better way to do things, so I am always looking for new ways to be kind to our environment and earth.    I have been in my current home for 2.5 years which is the longest I have been in a place in the last 18 years.  For one reason or another, it seems I am moving every year or so whether it be to a new house, or out of state for a job opportunity.

Photobucket
Every time I have moved, I have purchased moving boxes, and then gotten rid of them.  This really isn't a bad idea, but up until 5 years ago, I am honestly not sure if those boxes went to recycling when I was done or to the garbage.  I should hang my head in shame, I know, but I know a much better way of life now, and I am proud of the changes I have made.

Photobucket

Recently, I have discovered a better, reusable solution for everything from storage, moving boxes, toting anything you need really:  Packaways Reusable Plastic Storage Boxes.  These are very much like cardboard boxes, except they are plastic, not cardboard.  They come in 4 great colors:  White, Pink, Turquoise or Lime, and you can choose either a 12 gallon, 16 gallon, or 21 gallon sized box.  They also offer solutions for storage boxes and under the bed boxes.

Photobucket

What I love

*They are collapsible so they take up less storage space when you are done using them
*Very sturdy
*Easy to Assemble
*Wipe Clean Label on the box so you can re-label each time you use
*Less Waste in the Landfills so they are eco-friendly
*Super Cute Colors

I do think the boxes are a tad bit pricey especially if you are purchasing a lot of them for moving.  However, when you consider how many times you can use these boxes, and that you will always have boxes on hand for any need, the boxes really pay for themselves.  I put bedding in the box and was able to fit four pillows and a King size bedding set in one box with a little arranging.

You can view all the different colors and sizes at Packaways and Facebook has some great use ideas along with any promotions going on!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

12 comments:

  1. hi. love your post. its very nice to read and inspiring as well.

    Plastic Storage Containers

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I have the blue and pink one. Great review on them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I really love these. I have used them several times already and they look brand new!

      Delete
  3. I love these. They are colorful and bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love the colors. They brighten the place up, and I even use one of them for a 2nd toy "box" of sorts. The color really is cute in a 3 year old's room!

      Delete
  4. I liek these, they look durable! Makes me want to go organize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when you are done, Mama, you can come help me organize! My house isn't dirty, but organization has always been a struggle for me, and now with four kids? Let's just say there's more to organize!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely LOVE storage boxes! My house is filled with them. These ones though are cool because you can easily label them, AND re-label them! LOVE the colours! And they are collapsable which makes it neater when you don't need them anymore!! LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I love that I can slide them behind a dresser or under a bed, but then reassemble as needed!

      Delete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!