Sunday, September 16, 2012

Snacking to a Whole New Level with Sahale Crunchers

Photobucket
I am a snacker, and I always have been.  If you don't see me sitting down to a meal, never fear, I likely have been noshing on everything from crackers, cheese, eggs or so much more.  If it can be picked up and eaten, that's my kind of food!  Now, if I can incorporate my favorite snack food into something I can bake, then we have what I call food utopia!

Photobucket

I recently was able to try a new snack food by Sahale Snacks called Sahale Crunchers, and I am in love.  They actually were created out of need as many great products are:  to use the same energy boosting foods found in stale seeds and nuts, but create something very tasty.  Not only are these things addictive straight out of the bag, there are so many great recipes I can add them to!   Because we have no snacking will power in this home, the Parmesan Cheese and Herb Sahale Crunchers just didn't make it to a recipe. No sir!  They were gobbled down by four little hungry tummies who were of course helped by good ole dad!

The other two flavors:  Cranberries, Sesame Seeds & Honey and Cherries, Apples & Maple were made into a wonderful breakfast which we of course enjoyed for supper.  


    French Toast
    1 loaf sourdough or French bread
    8 large eggs
    2 c. whole milk
    1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
    3/4 c. sugar
    2 Tbs. vanilla or almond extract
    Topping

    1/2 c. all-purpose flour
    1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces
    4 oz. pkg. Cherries, Apples + Maple SAHALE CRUNCHERS™


    Topping
    1/2 c. all-purpose flour
    1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces
    4 oz. pkg. Cherries, Apples + Maple
    SAHALE CRUNCHERS™
Photobucket


Grease 9 x 13-inch baking pan with butter. Cut bread into 1” cubes and evenly distribute in pan. Add eggs to

bowl and whisk. Add milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk well until mixture is combined. Pour over bread.

Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.

In a separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add butter and combine with dry mixture with

fork until well combined. Add SAHALE CRUNCHERS™ and mix, be careful not to break up the almonds. Cover

and store in the refrigerator.

When you're ready to bake the French toast, preheat oven to 350° F. Remove pan from the refrigerator and

spread topping evenly over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Take foil off and bake for another

20 minutes until puffy and golden. NOTE: Do not remove foil cover too soon or almonds may burn.

Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Grease 9 x 13-inch baking pan with butter. Cut bread into 1” cubes and evenly distribute in pan. Add eggs tobowl and whisk. Add milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk well until mixture is combined. Pour over bread.Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
In a separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add butter and combine with dry mixture withfork until well combined. Add SAHALE CRUNCHERS™ and mix, be careful not to break up the almonds. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
When you're ready to bake the French toast, preheat oven to 350° F. Remove pan from the refrigerator andspread topping evenly over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Take foil off and bake for another20 minutes until puffy and golden. NOTE: Do not remove foil cover too soon or almonds may burn.
Serve with butter and maple syrup.

Photobucket

*Because my mother in law was here and she is diabetic, I substituted the flour for whole wheat flour and the sugar for Splenda.  I also used skim milk in lieu of the whole milk to make the dish lighter, but I did stick with the heavy cream so that it would thicken properly.


I made a second French Toast with the Sesame Seeds, Honey, & Cherries Sahale Crunchers and it was equally as good.  This is such a great treat that it reminds me of a bread pudding minus the cream on it.  I enjoyed mine without syrup because I thought it was plenty sweet enough, but it was such a great hit, they were asking for leftovers for breakfast the following day!



Photobucket


Sahale Crunchers has this and many more excellent recipes, and you can stay up to date with their latest promotions on Facebook.  


37 comments:

  1. I learned from Sahale Snacks website that =many studies have shown that nuts have powerful cholesterol-lowering effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nuts are good for cholesterol

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have Maple Pecans with with walnuts, chetties and cinnamon that looks good

    ReplyDelete
  4. that they try to source sustainably produced ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned some new quick and easy meal ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Progresso soups is where that link took me to!!! I went to Sahale snack page..... found out they use ORGANIC items. AND NO sulfite in their dried fruits! AWesome!

    I am going to seek out their pomegranite cashew snack ASAP. Sounds SO SO good.

    I have long known nuts are good for you- I keep them in front of my hubby all the time, I want to try to keep him around.

    Spacemonkey907 (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me! I have it all fixed now

      Delete
  7. nuts lower cholesterol

    ReplyDelete
  8. The company uses unsulphured(aka preservative free) fruits

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learned that they have maple pecans that look so delicious. I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nuts can lower your cholesterol!

    arifamily at comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. learned that maple pecans are included in their selection
    debbie jackson
    djackson1958 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting how the company started--with a hike up Mount Ranier and no good trail snacks.
    Thanks for the giveaway.
    mtakala1 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Edmond and Josh named the company after Sahale Peak, near the Cascade Pass in the North Cascades National Park in Washington. It's a beautiful peak with a cool glacier and great views.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I learned how to pronounce sahale (which I have been doing wrong lol)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Green Mango Salad with Sahale Snacks Sing Buri Cashews sounds delicious. I also like they have wine and cocktail pairings for their snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found out the correct pronunciation of the name of the company.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I learned that on their web site you can shop, use their store locator, get ideas and recipes , and find out their latest news!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would love to try The Parmesan Cheese & Herbs

    ReplyDelete
  19. I learned nuts lower cholesterol so that's a good enough reason for me to want to try them.I like snacks so them being good for me is plus. Thanks for the cool giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sahale Snacks Now Certified Kosher. Thank you. Jerri Davis

    ReplyDelete
  21. I learned they use natural food in its original state

    orangestar17(at)hotmail(dot)con

    ReplyDelete
  22. I learned that the site has some great recipes and pairings, like:
    Cashews with Pomegranate + Vanilla
    Washington Waldorf Salad
    Yogurt Parfait
    White Bean Cashew Chili

    ReplyDelete
  23. I learned that these products are certified Kosher and gluten free.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Made with whole, natural and organic ingredients! Love that!I'm trying to eat more nuts since they are good for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I learned that they just got certified Kosher!

    Thanks,

    selinda_mccumbers at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I learned that "Some studies have shown that eating more tree nuts is associated with a reduction in the risk of coronary heart disease and with lowering cholesterol levels."

    ReplyDelete
  27. nuts are a good source of healthy fats and protein plus antioxidants.
    savewish@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I learned that the company was named after Sahale Peak, near the Cascade Pass in the North Cascades National Park in Washington state!

    callawishes(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. i learned that nuts are good for your cholesterol !!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I learned that it all started in Mt. Rainier which is interesting to me because I live in Seattle. I LOVE Mt. Rainier, it's absolutely gorgeous so this is cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I learned that they use organic tapioca syrup and organic evaporated cane juice, as an alternative to corn syrup, or other highly processed sweeteners.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!