Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week 7 with Nutrisystem #NSNation, #Spon

I have officially been on Nutrisystem for 7 full weeks now.  In some ways it seems much longer, and in some ways it seems like I just started and it can't be 7 weeks already.   My latest favorite snack is low-fat Greek Yogurt.  I am using a brand that boasts 23 whole grams of protein, and if I add about 2 Tablespoons of sugar free pudding mix, it transforms into a decadent mousse-like treat!

I have learned that lots of protein and veggies are the trick to staying full between my meals.  I know it seems impossible to be hungry when you eat six meals a day, but as my metabolism increases, I find I am truly hungry by the time each meal rolls around.  However, I am not hungry for nearly as much food now as I used to be!  A cup of greek yogurt, or 8 whole grain crackers with some veggies quickly fills me up!

I didn't reach my goal of 20 lbs weight loss this week, but I am still down 18 whole lbs!  I currently weight 262.2,  which is less than one lb lost this week, but I have lost a whole lot in terms of my tape measure!  I am down a total of  13.9 inches!  That's a whole lotta less of me!  Yesterday, I was walking down the hall and my pants fell all the way down!  I had to retire all the pants I started this diet in and officially go down a size.  Gotta love that!  Nutrisystem works, and even when I don't see the difference on the scales, my clothes  assure me there is definitely a change for the better!

Starting Measurements
Upper Arms: 15.0
Chest: 49.8
Waist: 54.0
Hips: 59.0
Thighs: 23.6

Upper Arms: 13.4
Chest: 46.3
Waist: 49.0
Hips: 54.8
Thighs: 19.8




Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting Nutrisystem

*Nutrisystem is providing me with 4 months of free food and support service as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger program. In exchange, I will be posting each week with my progress. All thoughts expressed are my own, and my experience using the system may vary from that of other participants.*  

12 comments:

  1. congrats on your progress! Don't get discouraged when it doesn't go as fast as you'd like, just remember how far you've come, and it's been a great distance! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making progress!!! So keep it up! It is a journey NOT a race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to race to the end but I know slow is better

      Delete
  3. Nice job!! Sometimes measurements are better than what the scale says!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely glad I had lost on the measuring tape or it would have been an unhappy week!

      Delete
  4. So inspiring! I am so glad to be part of Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program too. I can't wait to start. Your progress is wonderful! I can't wait to read next week's update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. The first week and a half was the hardest, because I missed my home cooked food. Now it's so easy because I am down to a habit with it. You will love it

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your progress so far! I've never tried Greek yogurt, do you just eat it alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krystle, I eat it a a variety of ways. I buy the plain fat free greek yogurt, and I either add a splash of vanilla and Splenda, or I add about 1-2 TBS of sugar free instant pudding. It transforms the yogurt into almost a mousse-like consistency and is pretty tasty. It isn't exactly like pudding, but pretty close. I also use my yogurt for dips. I add a pinch of Splenda and Dill for a yummy Tzatziki dip for my cucumbers. It can be used in place of sour cream on baked potatoes and such too!

      Delete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!