Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Hot Dog Mummies and Witches Fingers!

We have really been enjoying the Halloween season to the max here at the My Wild Crazy Life household.  My youngest is 3.5 years old and he is so in love with everything Halloween so we are cherishing these times.  The girls don't mind either, because they are having such a great time helping me do fun things.

Today for Tasty Tuesday, I want to share with you how to make Halloween Hot Dog Mummies and Severed Witches Fingers which are sure to wow any crowd, old and young!  These would even be perfect party food for a grown up Halloween party.  My pictures show that I had a lot of help from my kids making these.  While the pictures look like a child made them, you know we had a blast, and you get the idea of how it works!

Halloween Hot Dog Mummies
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed (note, there are two sheets of puff pastry in each package, I used one sheet for 8 hot dogs)
1 package of  Hot Dogs
Mustard

With a pair of cooking sheers, cut the pastry sheet into 1/4 inch strips, horizontally (the side that is the longest)

Take the strips and wrap the hot dogs mummy style, leaving a small area at the top of the hot dog for the eyes.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.

Using a bottle of mustard, place two dots to resemble the eyes and serve!

Photobucket
Severed Witches Fingers
1 package of jumbo sized crescent rolls
1 jar of marinara sauce
1 red bell pepper

Take the crescents and separate into 8 individual triangles, and cut in half making 16 pieces.  Shape each piece into a "finger" shape, and make an indention at the tip with your thumb.

Cut the red bell pepper into 16 finger nail shapes (There will be left over bell pepper) and press into the indention you made with your thumb.

Bake as directed on the package of crescent rolls.

Serve in a bowl of warmed marinara sauce to look like severed witches fingers!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love me some hot dogs and love the Halloween theme. How original! You need to get a pin it button:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. I so need someone just to fix it all for me so I can just blog away! you can pin them with my links though if you will? http://pinterest.com/pin/136374694937676217/
      http://pinterest.com/pin/136374694937676189/

      Delete
  2. They look very yummy to me!!! Don't you love picmonkey too!! I hope you have a fabulous Halloween with your kids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim, they seemed to love them. They didn't save a bite for mama! I ADORE pic monkey! I have no flash on my snap and go camera so it is literally a life saver!

      Delete
  3. Already have done the hot dog mummies but the nails are new ty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super fun aren't they? The nails were a large hit too!

      Delete
  4. These both look great! My son would inhale them both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hot dog mummies are super cute and look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They loved them. Any way to make the holidays hands on and fun is great for both kids and moms!

      Delete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!