Friday, October 19, 2012

Week 10 with Nutrisystem, #NSNation, #Spon


It finally happened this week!  I received the best compliment which is confirmation that I am losing although as is always typical, I have trouble seeing it myself when I look in the mirror.  I do a lot of real life advertising for Nutrisystem.  Anytime someone mentions something I am eating, my water bottle, or even makes a joke about needing to be on a diet, I jump right in to share my real life results and how pleased I have been.  

For example, just the other night at Costco, my husband was buying his monthly four lbs of bacon (yes, he really eats 4 lbs of bacon in a month, and no matter how hard I try, I can't curb this in the least!) when an older overweight lady mentioned he should cut out some of his bacon consumption.  Turns out she is on a different diet that includes weekly meetings, fees, and weighing/measuring everything you eat.  Well, I took this opportunity to tell her all about how much easier Nutrisystem is:  No weighing, measuring, and no weekly meetings to try and squeeze into my already too busy schedule!

Anyways, the point is while I advertise all the time just because I am so pleased, I haven't told those acquaintances I see on a regular basis.  Why?  Because I was waiting to see if they noticed!  It finally happened.  Last night, I ran to the Country Store to grab some local milk from the dairy, and the guy who always waits on my asked if I had lost weight!  It caught me off guard because he is the first to mention it.  However, once I confirmed, he said he had really been noticing how much thinner my upper body and face is, but was hesitant to ask (a little unsure why since losing weight is usually a good thing at my size).  Yes!  Go Team Nutrisystem!  I not only have lost weight, but people really are noticing!  And, she scores!

I didn't lose any pounds this week, but I seem to have hit a place in the last few weeks that I am losing at a slower, steadier pace.  However, I am more excited than ever.  I am definitely continuing with Nutrisystem because it works, and I no longer hope I lose weight.  I KNOW I am losing weight, and the rest is as good as gone too!

I will try to have a new picture up for you next week.  My husband works nights, so it is hard to actually see him long enough to get a picture, but I will try to make it happen this week!

Starting Measurements:
Upper Arms: 15.0
Chest: 49.8
Waist: 54.0
Hips: 59.0
Thighs: 23.6


Current Measurements:


Upper Arms: 13.0
Chest: 45.5
Waist: 48.5
Hips: 54.0
Thighs: 18.8
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting Nutrisystem

*Nutrisystem is providing me with  free food and support service as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger program. In exchange, I will be posting each week with my progress. All thoughts expressed are my own, and my experience using the system may vary from that of other participants.*  

24 comments:

  1. AWESOME job!!! Love the measurements can tell more the real story than just the scale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to tell myself that! I am like most people. I get frustrated when my scales won't move far :D

      Delete
  2. Great job! I have been reading so many great success stories about Nutrisystem recently. I am really impressed with Nutrisystem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does work. It's a slow, successful weight loss. Trust I wasn't holding out faith in anything! I have tried too many that failed

      Delete
  3. You are doing amazing! Look at those measurements (They don't lie!!)

    When I was on Nutrisystem (I was on for 10 months) I had stand still weeks, but a lot of time, you are also gaining muscle weight. Don't ever get discouraged :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I keep trying to stay positive and motivated! All the comments really encourage me!

      Delete
  4. I love how you are sharing your success and helping other people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. I was really timid about it at first. I don't want to share with my husband my stats much less the world, but it keeps you honest in dieting for sure!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to see me in four MORE months!

      Delete
  6. Keep up the good work!

    I understand why he was hesitant to say anything though. If you hadn't lost weight that could have made you feel bad and been awkward (like asking when someone is due and they aren't preggo) and sometimes weight loss can indicate a medical issue (especially as we get older) so it can be a touchy subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that, but you are so right. I am the classic pear shape, sort of too, so while I am losing a bunch in the upper portion of the body, I am losing much slower from the waist down, so I think it's hard to see as well!

      Delete
  7. So glad to see this is working out for you. I will be starting Nutrisystem soon and it's awesome to hear other success stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like it. I am used to cooking everything homemade here at our house, bread, even yogurt, so it took me a while to get used to prepackaged food. However, I think I am the exception, not the rule where easy quick food is concerned :D

      Delete
  8. Amazing Allyson! So proud of you! it's great that you didn't quit or get discouraged and the results are there so you have something to be proud of! It's understandable how you didn't want to jinx it or didn't want to shoot yourself in the foot by telling, I am the same. But you did good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. Part of the reason too is because I have SO MUCH to lose, and I know proof is in the pudding rather than the "I'm Gonna's" This time I just trucked on. My husband is a good sounding board when I bemoan my lack of donuts :D

      Delete
  9. What a great job!! I'm not doing so well, seem like I just stand still every week. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will Lose Lisa! I have been at almost the same weight for at least 3 weeks. I have learned we all lose at a different rate, and as long as we aren't gaining, then it's all right!

      Delete
  10. Slower the better. That just means you'll keep it off!!! Good luck and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep reminding myself that! My main goal is to get back into the 100's again, and I feel like I'm creeping there

      Delete
  11. You are doing such an amazing job! I want to try nutrisystem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on and do it with me, Melissa! I have been overweight my entire life minus a couple of thin years and I am just tired of being tired and I wanna do stuff like iceskate and ride a bike again!

      Delete
  12. It sounds like you are doing well on NutriSystem.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!