Friday, November 9, 2012

I AM a Supermom After All!

I got a call yesterday from my daughter's school teacher, and apparently she's volunteered my services to teach school for a day, teach the children how to blog, and to just magically speak a blogging poem by this morning!  So, I did what any mom would do!  I donned my Domestic Diva superhero cape, and fulfilled her desires.  Now, ya'll don't tell her I'm just human, because I kinda like this superhero roll!  Currently thinking about twitching my nose and the entire house will look like Mr. Belvedere was here!

Anywho, I wanted to share my little poem with you!  Enjoy!

ODE TO A BLOGGER

Blogging is a very rewarding work, 
it's fun and cool and makes me thankful I payed attention in school
A period here, a colon there
proper punctuation adds just the right flare to bring back readers who care!!

Mix in great pictures of products galore,
which one is green and earth friendly, we want to explore!
Recycle, conserve energy, use cloth diapers, oh my
because I want to educate on treating the earth kind-that's why!

Meatless Monday, Tasty Tuesday and healthy recipes for me
are what my readers will want to see!
Funny antics, daily chores, and a craft tutorial or three
will keep me in the blogging business for all et

11 comments:

  1. OMG Love it!!! Its great- You wrote that?? Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is first and probably the last poem I will ever right. I felt like I was in school again. But Mr. S. I don't do poems, and I hear "oh, sure you can!" Right :D

      Delete
  3. Oh I bet you had a blast doing that for her class. How old were the kids? I would love to talk about blogging to school age children!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are 4th graders! I haven't taught yet, I am sure that is coming in the next few weeks, we have to schedule it. I taught school for 6 years so I suppose it will be like riding a bike! Just jump back on!

      Delete
  4. AW, super cute! A period here and a colon there... hihi it was really fun to read... Super creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. I have never written anything like a poem, but I am hoping they have better punctuation that us adults :D

      Delete
  5. So cute! You should link this up to my Sat laughs:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do that, Melissa, I need to find the post. I thought it was hilarious, glad you saw it as tongue in cheek too!

      Delete
  6. Wow - great poem on such short notice! That is so cool that you are encouraging children to write/blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think writing is so important, as is spelling, punctuation, and such. Almost unheard of in this day of texting and shortening words. So I Think keeping our language from becoming extinct is important along with encouraging creativity. I will post a story my daughter wrote another day. She has the most vivid imagination and huge words for her age!

      Delete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!