Monday, November 26, 2012

Just say No to Saggy Pants with Olive and Nell Livy Belt!


Two of my children were blessed with my behind.  This didn't use to be as fashionable as it is now, and I want to personally thank Jennifer Lopez for smoothing the way and making big booties the in thing!  My other two kids (the youngest two) weren't so blessed.  As a matter of fact, they were not blessed at all.  They have no hips and no booty. Wonderful!  Finally children who are model thin!

Not so much.  Why?  Because the world sees more of their naked behinds then they would like to.  Honestly, I can't find anything that works.  Belts won't hold up those sagging drawers, and even if I buy the pants too tight, they still sag!  It really is an embarrassing dilemma.

When I was presented with the opportunity to review the LivyBelt by Olivia and Nell   I jumped at the opportunity.  They are buckle-less, velcro-less,  snap-less, and don't need belt loops.  They are a stretchy material that slides over clothing and rests over top of the waist band to hold it in place.


Photobucket

I want to say how cute these belts are.  One has a bow on it, the other is a solid band, and the third is hot pink and black striped and is wide.  They are just so cute.  The wide one works perfectly as it should.  Stays in place, holds up the pants, and all three are super durable.  However, the other two caused some tears here in the My Wild Crazy Life Home.  My slender "skinny minnie" as I call her who has to wear slim pants and still use the elastic and buttons to make them tighter on her in order to fit tried the other two belts and they just wouldn't stay in place.

Photobucket

They kept rolling up no matter how we tried.  So, I used the one with a bow on it as a super cute head piece on her and the tears were magically gone!  Turns out these used as a hair piece were such a hit at school among all the girls that a 5th grader "borrowed it without asking" from my daughter and wouldn't return it.  No worries, we eventually got the band back, and it has been worn several times since!

Photobucket

My daughter has been super pleased with these belts and has even asked if we can purchase more in different styles and colors so she can accessorize all her outfits, so LivyBelts definitely get a thumbs up in my book!  You can find them on Facebook to keep up with their latest promotions!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

18 comments:

  1. I love that first paisley belt, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are gorgeous! The bow is really cute right above the forehead as a bow too!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Aren't those cool! super original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love them. The girls thought they were just the coolest, and they love when people ask them where they get things!

      Delete
  3. Those are adorable! I have a 9 year old fashionista that would go nuts for them!
    Now... if we could only get the guys who walk around that way on purpose to wear them... :)
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol AGREED! I hate saggy pants my son had lost a lot of weight, and I was forever seeing his undies at the house! They were at least his play clothes, but still, get those OFF!

      Delete
  4. Love the creative use of the bow belt. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Mom's have to be creative daily to avoid pre teen tears!

      Delete
  5. I have a similar problem. I have a huge bootie but my girls are super skinny and pants never stay up on them. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved how well the wider one worked for that. I honestly think part of the problem was user related. We love them anyways and will buy more!

      Delete
  6. Love how kids "borrow" things! Glad you got it back!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol me too. I was a bit distraught because it was the super cute one with the bow. I set my 4th grader on it and we had it back in a day. She isn't a bully, but she's so forthcoming I think people get surprised by her honesty lol

      Delete
  7. what a pretty way to accessorize an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an awesome belt! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, thanks for dropping in today, Melissa!

      Delete
  9. These are really cute, I love the prints too! What a neat invention =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have thought of it for sure, but I love them

      Delete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!