Friday, November 2, 2012

Keep Sore throats Away with Pine Bros Cough Drops


It's that time of year again.  The weather can't make up it's mind on whether or not it wants to be freezing cold or super hot, and there is no middle ground.  You know what this means:  sore throats.  Perfect, just grab a cough drop, right?  Sure, then right after you eat one the sore throat is back so you pop in another.  It only takes about three cough drops and now your tongue is raw and sore from sucking.  Fabulous.  Now your throat hurts and your tongue is throbbing.  Perfect combination!  Right?  Wrong!

I have a better solution:  Pine Bros Softish Throat Drops.  They were created by a confectioner back in the 1800's because he was trying to make a sore throat remedy his family.  They are made from glycerin so they are softish, and the flavor is more like candy than that awful cough drop taste we all are so familiar with!  Fast forward 140 years and Pine Bros is still using the same recipe, and they are a great way for old and young alike to soothe their sore throats.
Photobucket

They come in several flavors, and I can attest to the Natural Honey and Cherry.  Neither are super sweet which I like, but they aren't medicinal tasting either which is even better.  They are soothing and sort of coat the throat a bit so you can swallow without feeling like you are being cut with razor blades!  They don't cause sore tongues because they are soft, yet they aren't so soft that you can just chew them up immediately. It's a nice combination.  I don't even mind letting the kids use them because I know they don't have anything in them that should make me worry too much, and the kids love the flavors!

Photobucket
I have had a couple of sore throats, but nothing severe yet this season, so I can't wait to see how they work on one of those really bad sore throats I get every year!  You can find Pine Bros Softish Throat Drops at CVS, Harris Teeter, Safeway and many more stores, and you can find out more about their latest promotions on Facebook and Twitter

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

57 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that these don't have that nasty cough-drop taste...I hate that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate nasty cough drops too! I hope they work equally as well with a bad sore throat, but I am not wishing one on so I can find out :P

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad to hear that they're not just cherry! I HATE CHERRY! YAY HONEY!!!

      Delete
  2. oh how I could use these right now. I've had these before and they have a great taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! They are a hundred times better tasting than that other brand we had in a tin growing up. No names because this post isn't about them!

      Delete
  3. I love cough drops that taste like candy, easier to give to my kids when they have a sore throat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids loved them. They aren't super sweet, but the flavor is def better!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like they are much easier to get used to when you have a sore throat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never buy another brand for my kids!

      Delete
  5. Love that "softish" is in the title. These sound great although I would NOT want the cherry flavour but the honey would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun to suck on because I can chew them a tad, but they don't chew through. The honey is my fav

      Delete
  6. Oh yum, I don't want a sore throat, but you make the softish drops sound good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. Not as sweet as a mint but good. I also don't want the sore throat :)

      Delete
  7. Honey sounds like it would be so comforting for a sore throat. I'll remember these the next time I get sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are awesome. I hate a medicinal lozenge.

      Delete
  8. Oh I love these! There is nothing like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are pretty awesome! Thanks for dropping in !

      Delete
  9. These are my favorite cough drops. They work and taste great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love chocolate love this give away

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that they have a honey one- that's my favorite for cough drops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey is pretty universal for soothing a throat, these lozenges included!

      Delete
  12. i never heard of this product before but after reading your review i would love to try them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be pleasantly surprised. With kids, we always have coughs :D

      Delete
  13. These sound nice I love that they use honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. I keep raw honey and lemon here for when we need it, but sometimes a lozenge is so much better!

      Delete
  14. These have always been my favorite ever since I was a kid!!

    em darr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of them before. Apparently I have been living under a rock. NO more, I say!

      Delete
  15. I'm always looking for cough drops that taste decent! The natural honey sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using them today! Apparently writing this review alerted the gods that I am doing too well. My throat is thick and scratchy, but these are helping a lot!

      Delete
  16. I second what everyone else is saying - it really is hard to find cough drops that BOTH taste decent and work. Easy to find one or the other, but not both. Will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They work well on thick throat, scratchy throat, dry feeling. I haven't yet had one of those razor blades in my throat to give an accurate testimonial on that. And honestly, I'm glad I can't testify about it since it means I am well!

      Delete
  17. I typically don't like cough drops, but the way you described these makes me think I need to have some around. That horrible dry and scratchy feeling is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My throat has been thick feeling all day, and these really aren't so bad. They soothe without tasting too bad

      Delete
  18. I talk all day so this would be wonderful as my throat is always dry and scratchy.

    email/ daveshir2005@yahoo.com
    fb/ shirley greenawalt zolenski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to talk all the time as a teacher and I wish I had known about these. Might have prevented me from losing my voice

      Delete
  19. i hope i don't need to try these any time soon, but i will definitely give these a try when i do! thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never heard of these but will see if they are available. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Betty! Hope you find them!

      Delete
  21. Soft and tastes like candy, I'm in! Looking forward to finding and trying these, thanks.
    Kaci Guisinger Harrison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Welcome, Kaci! Thanks for coming by

      Delete
  22. i'm pretty sure i've had these before when i was a kid. What a flashback. i don't think i've seen them in the stores recently though where are they available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like I read that they recently were purchased by a Airborn, so they are launching a comeback. Looks like they are at a slew of places from Safeway, Harris Teeter, CVS, and more. Check out this link http://www.pinebrothers.com/where_to_buy.html

      Delete
  23. I like that its honey, too bad not sugar free

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't sugar free, but each lozenge has 1 gram of sugar which is 1/4 teaspoon of sugar, so they aren't horrible either

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. It's not bad! Probably more like candy than the honey

      Delete
  25. They sound great. I love that they aste more like candy than traditional cough drops. garrettsambo@aol.cm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too since my throat has been bothering me!

      Delete
  26. Taste usually causes kids to have a fit when it comes to drops, so these sound like a good thing to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids are a little better than most with taking medicine and such, but when it comes to sucking something for a while, it better taste good!

      Delete
  27. I've heard good things about these cough drops. Thanks for the interesting and informative review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!