Sunday, November 25, 2012

Looking for Vegan, Gluten-Free Macaroons? Look No further-Hail Merry

Coconut is one of my favorite treats.  I love everything from coconut custard pie, coconut cream pie, coconut almond candy bars, and I love to drink coconut water.  The truth is that it has been a very long time since I have enjoyed any of the above except for the coconut water.  Until last week.


Photobucket

When I received a package in the  mail with bags of macaroons in it from Hail Merry, I knew I was going to enjoy me some coconut- and I did.  These things are sinful, except they are almost guilt-free sin.  Confused? Let me explain.  These macaroons are vegan, gluten-free, contain raw oils, but taste so good you won't miss the bad stuff you think is supposed to be in  your candy!


Photobucket
The only thing I can even think of that makes Hail Merry a potential no-no is because they have a "may contain tree nuts" disclaimer on them.  For us, that means my oldest cannot eat them, but hey, more for mama!

PhotobucketPhotobucket








I definitely am adding these to my list of goodies to add in stockings this year because with things like raw almond flour, coconut oil, organic shredded coconut, and nothing resembling preservatives, chemicals, or ingredients I can't pronounce, they are perfect for my kids!

Photobucket

You can discover their other flavors and other products on the Hail Merry website, get awesome inpsiration from their Pinterest boards, and Facebook and Twitter contain all the latest promotions!


Photobucket

Disclaimer:  I received one or more of the products listed in the above post for review purposes.  I was not required to write a positive review, and all opinions listed are honest and solely the property of My Wild Crazy Life Blog. 

29 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Was nah nah nah nah, I get to eat them all myself wrong? I am joking, and you definitely have to like coconut to like the macaroons. My husband hates coconut, but he liked the salted caramel ones which was so weird!

      Delete
    2. Neither do I. It's in my top three foods that I think are too gross to eat, but I'm sure my lady would love these!

      Delete
  2. I love coconut!! And I love macaroons!! Unfortunately I will have to check out the sugars and carbs in these (diabetic)--I do know a friend who would go head over heels for these-------sounds like a very good little gift for her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that! My oldest has to watch his sugar intake. Also, just an fyi they contain tree nuts which is lethal for my son and many others!

      Delete
  3. This look great! I would love to sample some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good. I was shocked that they tasted so good being so healthy. Some healthy stuff is for "mature taste buds" or different :)

      Delete
  4. Those look great. Chanukah is coming up so I want some good macaroons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe these are perfect for that! I know they are definitely on the list for Christmas here!

      Delete
  5. I do not like macaroons at all but am glad you found some you can enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are definitely not for you then! You can either serve them at a holiday party or regift if you get some!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE that you know what each of the ingredient are! I have really been trying to find better alternatives to snack food. Thanks for letting me know about this!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Melissa. This has been a mission of mine for a while. I want to know what is in my children's food. If I don't know it or can't pronounce it, I really am not sure it should be consumed, kwim?

      Delete
  7. I'll have to show these to my sister. She loves coconut and is always looking for gluten free treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she will like these. they are just so tasty despite being heathier

      Delete
  8. We love macaroons, glad to see there is a gluten free version too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great!! My hubby would LOVE these in his stocking!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since i am vegan and trying to spread the plant based love while supporting vegan companies hail merrys macaroons are my no fail "look at how awesome vegan food is" snack/dessert that i share with skeptics!
    Ttrockwood@yahoo.com
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love coconut and these different flavors sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhhh these are making my mouth water just thinking about them! It's nice seeing ingredients that add to the yummy temptation instead of sounding like a chemistry experiment. Especially ingredients like Organic Maple Syrup and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla sound like delicious additions to macaroons! Ohhhhh I hope i get to try these. Thanks to you and the sponsor for both the review and giveaway opportunity.

    manifestmiracles@live.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I will cross my fingers for you Yvonne! Rafflecopter randomly selects, but I know how great these are and they are so worth winning!

      Delete
  13. Love the organic food ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that these are gluten free and wouldn't make me sick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so yummy. I love that their organic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look so good.My mom and I love macaroons.Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Macaroons and I like that these don't have all the junk that is not good for us in them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love coconut and I can't wait to try these, they look great.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!