Friday, November 2, 2012

Week 12 Nutristystem #NSNation, #Spon

So I have officially been on the Nutrisystem diet for 3 whole months now, and I have been overall pleased.  I have had a really hard 2 weeks which has affected my weight.  This isn't an excuse, this is me admitting I fell off the wagon.  I try very hard to keep my blog a positive place to be, so I haven't mentioned my family dynamics change.  However, to put it simply, my 13.5 year old has decided to go live with his bio dad for a while.  He really misses his dad, and I could be hard-nosed and make it hard on my son, but he loves his dad and my son wants to spend more time with his dad who he has only seen a few times a year before.  However, just because it is what he needed at this time and the right thing to do doesn't mean it didn't make me super sad.

I think I am finally adjusting to our new normal, and I am proud I DIDN'T do a lot of cheating, but because I have been so sad, I just wasn't eating right because I just couldn't.  I would eat maybe one Nutrisystem meal a day and I have retained the food I think.  I am not an expert, but that is what my husband's friend who is a dietitian said.

The bottom line is I had put on 1.5 lbs, but thanks to a great idea my husband had I have lost 1 lb of it.  He suggested that I eat just as soon as I get up in the morning whether I am hungry or not, force myself and to set an alarm for 3 hours later, eat, repeat.  I did this the last two days, and I am pleased with the results.  I still am not hungry, but I really want to keep losing.  I know if I do this diet the way I have been, I will see even greater results.  So, I am back on the wagon!  The only positive is that because I am a mom and so active all the time just being a mom I continued to lose a little in my body stats.


Starting Measurements:
Upper Arms: 15.0
Chest: 49.8
Waist: 54.0
Hips: 59.0
Thighs: 23.6


Current Measurements:


Upper Arms: 13.0
Chest: 44.5
Waist: 48
Hips: 53
Thighs: 18
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting Nutrisystem

*Nutrisystem is providing me with  free food and support service as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger program. In exchange, I will be posting each week with my progress. All thoughts expressed are my own, and my experience using the system may vary from that of other participants.*  

17 comments:

  1. Hey! You're doing aweome! Keep up the good work! It's really great that you are seeing results after only 12 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! I appreciate the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have been able to get back on the wagon with a little bit of outside encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I just wasn't hungry for six meals a day for a bit. Alls well the last few days though!

      Delete
  3. I can so relate to your story... my son has been in my care (custody) since birth. he's 13 now. His father all of a sudden decided he wanted to have our son live with him for a while, instead of the weekend visits. I didn't want it and wouldn't agree. I didn't even consult my son at this point, then the ex decided he'd get an attorney etc... Long story short I fought him for a while until I am sure both our bank accounts were depleted. Through this all I mained strong around my son, but it was paying a toll on all of us. I sat with him one day and asked his thoughts. He said well I would like to spend more time with my dad, and wouldn't mind it.... (wished I had talked to him more about it in the beginning) So I sat with my ex and gave him my terms.. how I wanted visits etc. and I would only agree to our son living with him if he agreed. He did... the papers were signed etc.

    But as a mom of 5 kids, and being used to my son being with me 24/7. It's hard!! Very hard. There are still days I sit and cry or days I walk into his room and miss him 'just being there'

    I know how you feel... being a good mom and doing the right thing for our children is hard. It's so easy to be selfish when it comes to them. But like you said, it's good for them.. just hard on us.

    Sorry for the lengthy comment, but I thought I'd let you know you're not alone.

    Well done on the weight-loss! As for the falling off the wagon, the good thing about that is... You can get back on track..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is definitely hard to stay on the wagon and keep going with taking care of ourselves when sad things happen. I think every woman struggles with this and fights being "good" when we are feeling so sad. I commend you on being strong and pushing through even though you didn't feel like doing it. Congrats on the little successes, they will keep you going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber. I agree, we have different ways to deal with things. 5 years ago I would have tried to eat away my sadness, but this time I just lost my whole appetite. I am finding both are bad habits :)

      Delete
  5. Allyson,
    Kudos to you that you are sticking with your plan.
    Such life's dynamics is a clear indicator that changing a lifestyle IS the most significant factor after all diets are gone and finished.
    You cannot go back to your old life and not gain back all your lost pounds plus a few.
    Lose weight with this plan, and start learning a lifestyle you're living now with the Nutrisystem.
    All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I know, and KNEW when I wasn't eating often enough that it was bad, I think I just was focusing on my three kids and my husband/work, etc to keep my mind where it needed to be. Now I am more up to doing it like I know I need to. Hating that half lb though :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on doing so well! Stay strong and keep up the lifestyle changes, even through tough times. My worst habit is emotional eating, which I'm getting over slowly. A more fit, happier mama is worth it in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it well, Sam. I ate emotionally for years and this is the first time something major hit me that I didn't feel hungry. I know my changes have been lifestyle changes for good since I got back up and didn't just say oh well :D

      Delete
  7. YOu are doing so well! Keep up the great work! I want to join Nutrisystem now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come join me, Melissa. It is hands down the only "easy" diet I have done. After I got past the first two weeks which were emotionally painful, ironically, it has been so easy to follow.

      Delete
  8. Good for you, you stuck with the program. Sorry to hear about your son, I can't imagine how sad that must make you. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting back on track this week, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! Leave me some love with your url and I will return the favor on a random post at your blog!